Universal Love What are you looking forward to in 2018 - Positives ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting rid of Naismith is a start

Our ruck depth already sucks, and we'd all like to get rid of Tippett and Sinclair too. So add Naismith to that group and who do we have, Cameron?

FWIW I don't see the harm in taking a punt on Cameron as a ruck next year. Could not possibly be any worse than the other three options, even though I do rate Naismith when he's on. His bad can be awful.

Our ruck depth already sucks, and we'd all like to get rid of Tippett and Sinclair too. So add Naismith to that group and who do we have, Cameron?

FWIW I don't see the harm in taking a punt on Cameron as a ruck next year. Could not possibly be any worse than the other three options, even though I do rate Naismith when he's on. His bad can be awful.
Honestly * all of our rucks except maybe Cameron who I have not seen play yet (or enough to make a judgment) all of them are inconsistent and will deliver 1 in a million.

Thread title is misleading apparently........

Everything. Love footy and especially the Swans.
Looking forward to Hannebery having a full pre-season and returning to his gut running best. Parker pre-season. Heeney to another level. Papley, Mills, Melican and Hewett to step up a little more. Aliir to find his feet at AFL level and Dawson to push his case. Hayward and Florent another pre-season.
Even Naismith pre-season!

Our list should organically improve next year.

I am excited! Looking forward to the draft and trading periods and can't wait for next season to start.

I don't get the Naismith hate. He's very good and will continue to improve.

Our problem is our second ruck. Tippett is injury prone and needs continuity. Sinclair is inconsistent.

Naismith can only improve !! Taking a mark , maybe even a contested mark would be nice , kicking or hand balling to a teammate will also be an improvement - but hey he wins Tap outs so that keeps some happy - luckily for us he has plenty of time to work on the other basic skills of the game hopefully in the NEAFL - so that's a positive

Thread title is misleading apparently........

Everything. Love footy and especially the Swans.
Looking forward to Hannebery having a full pre-season and returning to his gut running best. Parker pre-season. Heeney to another level. Papley, Mills, Melican and Hewett to step up a little more. Aliir to find his feet at AFL level and Dawson to push his case. Hayward and Florent another pre-season.
Even Naismith pre-season!

Our list should organically improve next year.

I am excited! Looking forward to the draft and trading periods and can't wait for next season to start.
Good post Mazy. Couldn't have said it better. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me crazy...

...I think we'll be minor premiers next year. The first six weeks were an aberration. For the better part of the season we were head and shoulders above the rest of the competition and we have a lot of young talent who will only get better.

Call me crazy...

...I think we'll be minor premiers next year. The first six weeks were an aberration. For the better part of the season we were head and shoulders above the rest of the competition and we have a lot of young talent who will only get better.

Considering teams struggled to travel we beat all top 4 teams away from home we would of had a 19-3 or 18-4 season.

Our 2018 campaign will once again be decided on injuries.

Call me crazy...

* minor premiers

Means s**t

Considering teams struggled to travel we beat all top 4 teams away from home we would of had a 19-3 or 18-4 season.

Our 2018 campaign will once again be decided on injuries.

Pivotal off season

Some moves to make

Pivotal off season

Some moves to make

Coaches cant do s**t mate if the players s**t the bed, forecast todays game highest scoring team kicked 39 points in three quarters made our forward line look amazing in comparison.

Its not a coaching issue its a players issue or perhaps i should say the human element of sports.

Coaches cant do s**t mate if the players s**t the bed, forecast todays game highest scoring team kicked 39 points in three quarters made our forward line look amazing in comparison.

Its not a coaching issue its a players issue or perhaps i should say the human element of sports.

Whats that got to do with moves to be made?

We need to strengthen up a few areas is what im talking about

Coaching? Thats a different issue, yep only so much a coach can do, but this is the positives thread so ill save that

Whats that got to do with moves to be made?

We need to strengthen up a few areas is what im talking about

Coaching? Thats a different issue, yep only so much a coach can do, but this is the positives thread so ill save that

My bad i misinterpreted your "moves" comment in relation to coaching, i do however think it will be a quiet trade period.

My bad i misinterpreted your "moves" comment in relation to coaching, i do however think it will be a quiet trade period.

Nothing big need one of our more traditional type moves. Even a laidler type pick up or something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back