Universal Love What are you looking forward to in 2018 - Positives ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a vivid dream last night that carlton beat us in the grand final in 2018

Any team that is beaten by Carlton at any stage of a season should be immediately a candidate for relocation/merger.

Any team that is beaten by Carlton at any stage of a season should be immediately a candidate for relocation/merger.

Eeek.

Well I for one have no interest in commuting to Tassie 11 times a season to watch our home games. :'(

Eeek.

Well I for one have no interest in commuting to Tassie 11 times a season to watch our home games. :'(

'Hey we have a portion of an aflw team now..all happening

On topic i am looking forward to heath grundy 250th game and finally getting all australian

Eeek.

I'm just trying to paint a picture of how much of a debarcle it is to lose to Carlton.

I'm very much looking forward to 2018.

Another pre-season into our youngsters, all our players fit and firing for round 1, not going 0-6 and playing an elimination final every week.

We can win the flag in 2018. We need to follow the Richmond model. Small pressure forwards which we have in abundance with Hayward, Papley, Cunningham (should be playing forward next year), Towers, Rohan, Florent.

Tippett shouldn't play any footy for us in 2018. He is finished.

A better start and a little bit of pressure off us unlike every game from round 7 onwards this season.

Hayward, Newman, Mills, Heeney, Melican all playing 23 games.

Papley becoming one of the great small forwards of the game under Stevie J coaching.

Hanners game 200.
Buddy goal 900.
Nick Smith game 200.
Grundy 250.

Another 8 games in Melbourne please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly the one small good thing could be a fractionally easier fixture.
Will be interesting to see our double up if they don't change it to the 17-5 model.

Already predicting we get Giants and Hawks twice.

Will be interesting to see our double up if they don't change it to the 17-5 model.

Well the Giants is a given as it's the derby. Hoping we only get Hawthorn once.

If it stays as 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 model, for Sydney:

Min 2/Max 3 double ups v 1-6: Based on previous years it will be GWS and either one of Geelong or Adelaide. Can't see Richmond getting 2 Sydney trips and find it more likely v GWS then us. We haven't played Port in Adelaide for a while.
Min 1/Max 2 double ups v 7-12: This will be Hawthorn and the Dogs.
Max 1 double up v 13-18: North or Carlton, so that it's a return game in Melbourne.

If it stays as 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 model, for Sydney:

Min 2/Max 3 double ups v 1-6: Based on previous years it will be GWS and either one of Geelong or Adelaide. Can't see Richmond getting 2 Sydney trips and find it more likely v GWS then us. We haven't played Port in Adelaide for a while.
Min 1/Max 2 double ups v 7-12: This will be Hawthorn and the Dogs.
Max 1 double up v 13-18: North or Carlton, so that it's a return game in Melbourne.
I'd like to see us double up on Hawthorn (we need to see that we have game plan B in place), GWS for the derby then Adelaide. We have Geelong's measure, so that won't toughen us up.

I'd like to see us double up on Hawthorn (we need to see that we have game plan B in place), GWS for the derby then Adelaide. We have Geelong's measure, so that won't toughen us up.

Agree to an extent. I just think we will still get the return v Dogs on the back of 2016. And if that's the case, we will only get 2 returns v 1-6. If there's no return v Dogs, then yeah sure we will get 3 returns v 1-6, which is real harsh and will make a real tough draw unless there's no Geelong trip, Adelaide Oval just once and no Perth trip. Which is all unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back