Universal Love What are you looking forward to in 2018 - Positives ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

weve been in contention for five years and not won once... not good enough and the buck stops with horse. I look forward to horse getting the flick (and he can take steve Johnson with him). if we don't win in 2018 with a new coach at least we would have tried as what we have been doing for the last 5 years hasn't worked.
WOW... & you don't think Horse could be one of the reasons our team does so well year after year?

Re-watched a few of the games featuring Hayward and Florent from this year and **** me I'm excited about what they could become as players. Both still very raw and I don't think at any point either of them were in our best handful of players in any given game, but two things stood out to me. 1. they play hard and tough - Hayward flew back in the pack in a handful of games, and Florent threw his head over the ball on a number of occasions as well. It's a lot to task for two kids straight out of the draft whose bodies weren't ready for football, but they showed a total willingness to meet the standards that were asked of them (a few others who have been on our list for several years could take note)
And I also noticed they have footy smarts. They just had that knack for making something happen with a split second decision, and that also shows confidence in themselves to come in so raw but still play with some flair and class. Looking forward to another year of seeing them develop and improve and be moulded into quality players and regular contributors

I'm hoping Stevie J is given a brief that sees Hayward develop into a real target. Such a good mark of the ball.

We focused on extending our midfield last year which is great. Although it came at a cost as we lost some of Papley's presence around the goals.

Really hoping we build on last year and add a bit more spread of scoring contributors.

Steve Johnson's new look forward line leading to Buddy kicking 140 goals to hit the 1000.

6 goals / game would do it.

Which is about 1.2 goals / quarter

Seems acheivable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back