What are you most excited for in the 2020 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

JordanDeGod

Draftee
Jul 26, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Footy's BACK! (Well, almost).

Watching the AFLW and the Marsh Community Series action had me super pumped for the 2020 season.

I came across this article on which talks about what should your club be optimistic about for the 2020. Yes, it mentioned Jordan De Goey. Yes, that's why I liked the article. (Here it is if you want to read).

Personally, I'm really eager (and dare I say optimistic) to see if Jordy spends more time in the mid this year. I think Bucks will pull the trigger on that play this season.

But that's just me. What are you guys most excited about for 2020?

Stevo. Truly exciting player, broken season last year that limited what his development and what we could see. He is one of the best young players I have seen and I am as excited with his potential as I was with Daics. I fell in love with this dude watching him try and run around players, find no room and laugh at being pushed to the boundary. He is exciting, he is different and one of those players you go to footy to watch.

Grundy. How good can this guy get? We will find out over the next couple of years. He has the attitude, the drive and the talent to be that one in a generation. He plays for the pies. What more could you want?

Degoey. Moments of brilliance. Somewhere between a Swan and a Gary Ablett. I am hoping we will see more god like stuff.

Cox. The whole questions around him are bs, he is fine, they are all about what we dream he is capable of. I am excited at the possibility he could have a salmon like year. 2018 pf every week. Unlikely but we live in hope.

Moore. I dont think we have seen the best yet. Hoping we will see the best since Picken.

Most exciting team since 2011. The potential is there. Delivery is another thing. Potential is what the excitement is all about.

DeGoey always DeGoey

Really want to see Adams take the next step think on our list he has the most potential to do so.

Last edited:
DeGoey always DeGoey

Really want to see Adams take the next step think he on our list has the most potential to do so.
I am not so bullish on Adams. I don't think his ceiling is high. He has not the physical equipment to mix it with the best mids and he's a butcher with ball in hand.

I think that Stevo can add a dimension to his play.

Having the best Ruckman in the comp tapping it down to the best midfielders in the comp each week...

Kelly, Coniglio, just depends who the Pies play each week.

Even though I feel he is out of favor at the pies i'd love to see Shaz get some early games and build some confidence. Howe, Moore, Shaz and Crisp all rebounding out of our backline would be a nightmare for other teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7:50 Friday 20 March 2020

Somewhere around 2-3pm Friday March 20, the anticipation of footy 2020 will only be a matter of hours away. Looking forward to that nervous energy and excitement that comes with game day.

Our players in their prime all having high quality consistent years, a lot of our younger ones taking that next step, having a relatively ok run with injuries for once and peaking at the right time to deliver us our 16th Premiership!!!!!

Quaynor Roughead Howe
Maynard Moore Crisp
Philips Adams Sidey
Grundy Pendles Treloar
WHE Mihocek Stephenson
Elliot Cox DeGoey
Mayne Sier C.Brown Thomas

For 25 weeks and a 16th flag

Cox winning the Coleman.

The Coleman Esky that is. A minor prize at the end of season raffle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back