What are you reading?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recently finished A History of Wolves. She's excellent at capturing what's going on in another person. Very strange story and hard to believe. By the end though you can see how it came to be. Some people are just on autopilot almost - they don't know they want something so badly. What is it? Rumsfeld's known knowns, known unknowns, unknown unknowns.... this girl is clearly in the unstated category. Unknown knowns. She is driven by a known that is imperceptible to her - a deep need for connection.

Currently reading clock without hands.

Last edited:
Just finished Submission by Michel Houellebecq and started Storm of Steel by Ernst Jünger a couple of days ago.

Read the possibility of island and atomised by houellebecq. Left a mark on me. Just a brilliant mind.

About to finish 'IF IT BLEEDS' by Stephen King.

Then I'll spend the summer chewing thought:

Matthew Reilly - The Two Lost Mountains

Jane Harper - The Survivors

Jess Townsend - Wundersmith

&

Marc Lindsay (my bro) - Gods of Perigord

Recently the Billy Connolly book, then more recently reread Bravo Two Zero. Got a few in a queue including a George Gregan autobiography, Journeys with Gelignite Jack which I have read before and is just f#ckin funny and Ade Edmondson's The Gobbler.

A history of the car industry - The Life of the Automobile. I'm not much of a car person (the Nissan Micra is a giveaway) but it's pretty good.

And Alive! The story of the Uruguayan rugby team whose plane crashed in the Andes. Some will remember the movie from the mid 90s. Cracking read.

Been going on a bit of a spending spree on Amazon. I got a nice little range for the Xmas break.

- Antony Beevor’s ‘Berlin: The Downfall 1945’
- Mike Duncan’s ‘The Storm Before the Storm: The Beginning of the End of the Roman Republic’
- Tom Holland’s ‘Persian Fire: The First World Empire, Battle for the West’
- Toby Wilkinson’s ‘The Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt’
- Ian Toll’s ‘The Conquering Tide – War in the Pacific Islands, 1942–1944’
- Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay’s ‘Cynical Theories’. Just for something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been going on a bit of a spending spree on Amazon. I got a nice little range for the Xmas break.

- Mike Duncan’s ‘The Storm Before the Storm: The Beginning of the End of the Roman Republic’
- Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay’s ‘Cynical Theories’. Just for something different.

Persian Fire is great.

Read The Exile too.

Persian Fire is great.

Read The Exile too.
The Exile?

Do tell.

My Persian interest was renewed with Dan Carlin’s podcast series. I have already read Herodotus. A fascinating and truly exceptional people the Persians.

The Exile?

Do tell.

My Persian interest was renewed with Dan Carlin’s podcast series. I have already read Herodotus. A fascinating and truly exceptional people the Persians.

A couple of mine are on sale for 99c atm ;)

Different James Lindsay though.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Marc-Lindsay/e/B00ZBRULQA/ (I'm James, Marc is my brother btw)

Just finished Serotonin by Houellebecq. The plot was pretty convoluted compared to Submission which was a 99% fat free book. Interesting characters, situations and ideas in it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back