What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Remove this Banner Ad

Stranger Things.

Who's seen it?
Thoughts?

I really liked it but boy oh boy it ripped off just about everything, even the music rips off Autechre.

But hey it was entertaining

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's seen it?
Thoughts?

I really liked it but boy oh boy it ripped off just about everything, even the music rips off Autechre.

But hey it was entertaining
Great little show. Certainly has it's flaws, but they can be overlooked due to the brilliant cast (I thought 11 in particular was spectacular - she's going to go on to be a huge star IMO) and brilliant tapping into that 80's Spielbergian world (ET, Goonies, Poltergeist).

Great soundtrack too. Don't hear too much Autechre in it, more Cliff Martinez to me.

Great little show. Certainly has it's flaws, but they can be overlooked due to the brilliant cast (I thought 11 in particular was spectacular - she's going to go on to be a huge star IMO) and brilliant tapping into that 80's Spielbergian world (ET, Goonies, Poltergeist).

Great soundtrack too. Don't hear too much Autechre in it, more Cliff Martinez to me.

Well they sample Autechre , think it's the Amber album

Yes Millie Bobby Brown is going to be a star. Have you seen her interviewed? So mature for he age. British.

Yeah, MBB is fantastic. Scarily mature for her age.

I wasn't aware that Autechre was sampled. Will have to give it another listen.

If you're in a synthy soundtrack phase, I strongly urge you to check out the Only God Forgives soundtrack by Cliff Martinez. It's genius. If you haven't seen the movie, it's brilliant as well, though very polarizing. 50% consider it genius, the other 50% consider it a huge steaming turd. It's very...confrontational...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're in a synthy soundtrack phase, I strongly urge you to check out the Only God Forgives soundtrack by Cliff Martinez. It's genius. If you haven't seen the movie, it's brilliant as well, though very polarizing. 50% consider it genius, the other 50% consider it a huge steaming turd. It's very...confrontational...

Brilliant movie and an exceptional soundtrack (which I am listening to as I type this). :thumbsu:

For Netflix watchers I can recommend Stranger Things, if you haven't already seen it. My mate did a series of videos for Netflix to promote it before it came out.

Other good series exclusive to Netflix are Suits and Brooklyn 99.

EDIT: Vids can be seen here for anyone that's interested.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/80s-nostalgia-sci-fi-mystery-and-bmx-bikes/1100-6441705/

And his own website is: http://www.fakeshemp.net/ for any movie heads out there.
Just started watching Black Mirror on Netflicks. Really cool individual short stories reminiscent of Twilight Zone

Just started watching Black Mirror on Netflicks. Really cool individual short stories reminiscent of Twilight Zone
Haven't heard of that one. Is it a Netflix original? Will have to keep an eye out for it. I've got to get a Netflix capable DVD player for the bedroom, as I've just moved the old PS3 down to the kids playroom and don't have anything at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back