What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching The Sopranos for the first time (what a treat), just started season three and to be delight, the actor who played Uncle Paulie appears in the ep I am currently watching.
I bought the entire blu ray box set a while ago, but taking my sweet time watching it, cause it is such a profoundly superbly and sublime series in all facets (most notably the direction and especially The Acting)

Very rare has a show (and I have seen hundreds, of not thousands) that has totally drawn myself totally into its world and characters like The Sopranos (and I am not a fan of the Mob/Gangster genre generally)

Watching The Sopranos for the first time (what a treat), just started season three and to be delight, the actor who played Uncle Paulie appears in the ep I am currently watching.
I bought the entire blu ray box set a while ago, but taking my sweet time watching it, cause it is such a profoundly superbly and sublime series in all facets (most notably the direction and especially The Acting)

Very rare has a show (and I have seen hundreds, of not thousands) that has totally drawn myself totally into its world and characters like The Sopranos (and I am not a fan of the Mob/Gangster genre generally)
GREAT choice Elmer - imo the greatest series ever....and yes, it's much deeper than just a mob/gangster show - David Chase (writer and producer) is a genius.

You've inspired me to start watching it again :thumbsu:

Has anyone seen Good Omens ? That show has one of the best collections of acting and writing talent going around, it was brilliant.

Watched The first two Fast and The Furious movies for the first time in the past few days, have to wonder if the adrenaline rush from making these films was a contributing factor to PAUL Walker’s tragic and senseless death. Like Heath Ledger and Amy Winehouse, a supremely talented young artist/performer taken far too soon from us.

I watched the film called ‘A Stray Cat Named Bob’ last night.

Based on a true story.

If you like a cat who is pivotal in the life of a struggling junkie, who busks for a living amongst other things, then this is a winner. The cat‘s a star but the guy who plays the junkie should have a recording contract.

I watched the film called ‘A Stray Cat Named Bob’ last night.

Based on a true story.

If you like a cat who is pivotal in the life of a struggling junkie, who busks for a living amongst other things, then this is a winner. The cat‘s a star but the guy who plays the junkie should have a recording contract.
That is a great film. :smilecat:
And an awesome cat.

I love Mrs Robbo but her obsession with Lego Masters and Tutankhamun makes nighttime viewing a little stressful for me.

I seek solace with my IPad usually between the hours of 11pm and 1pm on iView and SBS On Demand. I watch movies, shows, documentaries etc that are more to my taste.

Last night I happened upon Futureman on SBS. It looks like it has wings. Last night it was the pilot show. What is it with gamers, awkward conversations and masturbation? Hopefully I will not have to witness another scene like the one I saw last night because I’m too old for that young people stuff.

Anyway it appears absurd enough to maintain my interest and there are plenty of episodes to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Life -
Ricky, you’ve done it again.
Can be a little dark at times, though interspersed with some brilliantly bonkers comedic characters.
Loved it.
Why did no one warn me? Bloody hell this floored me...

I was laughing and crying...most of the time I didn't know which one...

Last edited:
Zombieland - Double Tap, one of the most annoyingly disappointing and unnecessary sequels I have seen, along with Blues Brothers 2000 and Zoolander 2.

For the most part sequels to iconic comedies never go well (the Naked Gun series being an exception due to the legend that was Leslie Nielson)

For those of you who like Fake or Fortune I suggest Art Detectives is a close cousin. A bit of crossover between the two as Bendor Grosvenor is the Art Historian on the show. Yes that’s his real name.
Landscape artist and portrait Artst if the year!! Great viewing. I love watching the process. AlwaYs makes me want to paint even though I am complete rubbish at it. 😄

I am giving the new series Upload on Amazon Prime a go.
It's the new series from Greg Daniels who creates the likes of Parks and Recreation and the US version of The Office, two of my favourite sitcoms, so I am sure I will enjoy this.

Just binge-watched High Fidelity the TV series with wifey - 10 eps in 3 days.

We both really loved it.

Feels very much like a small screen version of the movie, which itself was a good portrayal of the book.

I haven't seen the movie since it came out 15 years ago, but Zoe Kravitz does such a great job of channelling the protagonist's insecurities.
From the first scene it resurrected memories from the movie/book and I felt like I was watching John Cusack with dreads.

I don't normally do shows that are 'relationship heavy', but this had a great balance of laughs, touching moments, sadness and self-discovery.

All set against an awesome musical backdrop.

Definitely makes my top 5 shows of 2020 ;)

Just binge-watched High Fidelity the TV series with wifey - 10 eps in 3 days.

We both really loved it.

Feels very much like a small screen version of the movie, which itself was a good portrayal of the book.

I haven't seen the movie since it came out 15 years ago, but Zoe Kravitz does such a great job of channelling the protagonist's insecurities.
From the first scene it resurrected memories from the movie/book and I felt like I was watching John Cusack with dreads.

I don't normally do shows that are 'relationship heavy', but this had a great balance of laughs, touching moments, sadness and self-discovery.

All set against an awesome musical backdrop.

Definitely makes my top 5 shows of 2020 ;)
Want to watch and Upload too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back