What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I’m watching Art Detectives. Fascinating show.

Tonight they’re checking out a portrait held at the Bodleian Library and trying to establish who painted it. Fascinating stuff.

I went to Oxford and wanted to visit the library. Didn’t factor in that others would want to see it as well.😢

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Finished 4 seasons of Cardinal. If you like police drama based on cracking books then this is the show for you.

I should warn you that if you’re squeamish about graphic scenes then this is not the show for you.

Series 4 finished in May this year. Giles Blunt wrote around a dozen of the Cardinal series so there’s plenty more to make.

I know I’ve found a source of books that will keep me going for awhile.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Watching Ford v Ferrari for the first time (about 45 mins in)

Not a big racing movie fan, but this is a smashing movie so far, the film draws me in with the great acting (esp from Christian Bale and Jon Bernthal) and the witty, sparkling dialogue.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watching Ford v Ferrari for the first time (about 45 mins in)

Not a big racing movie fan, but this is a smashing movie so far, the film draws me in with the great acting (esp from Christian Bale and Jon Bernthal) and the witty, sparkling dialogue.
Just between you and me Elmer. Ferrari every time.

Did Brydon do his man in a box impersonation? Pretty creepy thing to do when there is a dead man in a glass case that he’s looking at.
Yeah he worked it in . He is amazingly talented with impersonator stuff and Coogan does a great Jagger.
A really funny scene about Otterman Empire in it.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No Kayo, would like it though
2 month free trial with a box of Carlton Stubbies. Needed it at the beach house for last weeks game. Was very good tethered to my phone. Contemplating dropping Foxtel but I think like surfing Foxtel too much when I have time to kill and don't want to commit to anything.

Finished The Great . Thought it was funny

Now watching Dark - sort of a German Stranger things . Finished first season on to the second.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I‘m watching The Bounce on Fox Footy. I was worried about The Bounce this year but they’ve managed to keep it together. The half an hour shows as a result of the rona are the best I’ve seen. I was worried about the return of the one hour length shows but i didn’t have to be concerned. Apart from The Blues this is the best thing about my footy week.

RIP Spud😢.

Ninja Worrier

All Australian
Jul 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Last One Laughing on Prime.

Two episodes in and it's basically 11 not so funny people sitting around trying not to laugh at Sam Simmons.
You summed up my exact thoughts on this show! Thank God for Sam Simmons...if these are the funniest people we have to offer can we pls ship the concept to the UK

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Last night I watched both The Big Lewbowski and Rocketmab for the first time (JB HI FI had a sale.

My goodness, both movies were brilliant in their own way, full of top shelf acting, writing and direction.

Probably have to give the edge to Rocketman though, what a fantastic life Reginald Dwight has lived, came from a harsh and loveless childhood to become one of the most loving, giving and flamboyant entertainers this world has ever seen.

Great young actor is Taron Egerton, really going places (I also love The Kingsman movies, l find there is a more authentic realism to British actors than American ones (maybe because many of them have studied at Shakespeare Theatre of Arts, done stage work/plays as juniors getting into the cratt)

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wednesday night on ABC TV is great year round.

Tonight it’s The Weekly with Charlie Pickering and Planet America with Chas Licciardello and John Barron. One show delivers the message through satire. The other gives you information and comment.

And on Friday Chas and John deliver the fireside chat.

If you want all the goss on politics in the USA, Chas and John provide excellent information.

Last One Laughing on Prime.

Two episodes in and it's basically 11 not so funny people sitting around trying not to laugh at Sam Simmons.

This show is very divisive. I've watched all the eps and thought they were fantastic. I agree Sam was funny, but having Frank Woodley who I think is Australia's best comedian, and Anne Edmonds makes for some pretty funny stuff. I agree there were a few passengers in there as well.

Back