Movies & TV What are you watching on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally, I just assumed they didn't bother picking up the rights for it since it was taking so long (Babylon Berlin 4th season).

Occupied (Norway) is a good modern day Scandi political thriller, feel like they could easily bring it back (given the subject matter).

Chestnut Man (Den) and The Break (Belgium) weren't bad either on Netflix.

Lol. Think I might warm up by re-watching the previous three series. BB is one of my favourite shows of all time. Complex plot lines, great character arcs and beautifully shot. A couple of the characters bear the name of real historical people who eventually came to sticky ends. It also captures the grinding poverty most faced.

Ultimately it depicts the historical fragility of the Weimar Republic and how it could have gone several ways, instead of the tragedy of its collapse and replacement by Hitler.

The Last Of Us first episode was fantastic. I wish they released a few episodes together rather than one a week.

Just finished watching season 2 of the Crown and holy shiiiiietttt was the actress who played the Queen incredible! I never thought I would see a better acting performance on TV than Cranston as Walter White but geez...

Almost don't wanna continue on with this series if she's not in it.

The Last Of Us first episode was fantastic. I wish they released a few episodes together rather than one a week.

I refuse to watch as I need to play the game first. It's only been a decade!

Rabbit Hole is freaking amazing. Just finished it, my god is it gripping. It's a spy thriller with Keifer Sutherland (24) playing the main character. Writing is on point, acting is on point & pace of the show is great. Highly recommend it, especially if you want to binge watch a show.

Available via SBS on Demand - the formation of the SAS by the guy who created Peaky Blinders....get then hence its a ripper. And don't let the bang bangs in the trailer fool you - the stories around the 3 main officers who helped create the SAS is in itself very interesting.

Last edited:
Available via SBS on Demand - the formation of the SAS by the guy who created Peaky Blinders....get then hence its a ripper. And don't let the bang bangs in the trailer fool you - the stories around the 3 main officers who helped create the SAS is in itself very interesting.

I'd watch almost anything with Dominic West in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally I got to watch Season 4 of Babylon Berlin. Hopeless Netflix have lost the rights and did not bother to show it. Fantastic that SBS has picked up the 4 series and you can stream for free.

The show is set in late 20s and early 30s ahead of Hitlers rise to power.

It is imo just a brilliant show with multiple plot lines, politics, sexuality, music, comedy, culture, class analysis all get a run within a hard boiled film noir mystery.

Up there with the very best of scandi noir, the Wire, Treme and primo Irish and Pom cop shows.

Finally I got to watch Season 4 of Babylon Berlin. Hopeless Netflix have lost the rights and did not bother to show it. Fantastic that SBS has picked up the 4 series and you can stream for free.

The show is set in late 20s and early 30s ahead of Hitlers rise to power.

It is imo just a brilliant show with multiple plot lines, politics, sexuality, music, comedy, culture, class analysis all get a run within a hard boiled film noir mystery.

Up there with the very best of scandi noir, the Wire, Treme and primo Irish and Pom cop shows.
Yep, I've been waiting for it too, got through it pretty quickly. Renewed for Season 5 too (probably final, filming late 2024).

Last edited:
Yep, I've been waiting for it too, got through it pretty quickly. Renewed for Season 5 too (probably final, filming late 2024).

Lol… wish I was in my thirties, handsome, charming, was fluent in Mandarin and German and had a satchel of good screen plays. I would be zipping off to Berlin to set up appointments with Liv Lisa Fries crew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back