Movies & TV What are you watching on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Netflix: The Good Place. S2 turning out to be just as funny as S1. Ted Danson & Kirsten Bell are fantastic.

Some brilliant subtle laughs and then you have moments when Jason lauds his girlfriends intelligence by teaching him, “why I shouldn’t eat everything that smells good, ‘cause sometimes it’s candles”.

Chefs Table on Netflix. What a little gem of a show. A true delight.
A cooking show without a single discussion about recipes.
Award winning chefs talking about how food inspires them. But more importantly it’s a window into their souls.

Hear how one chef went from an abused street kid to running the best restaurant in Berlin. From another how his 6 month pregnant wife dies from toxic shock and leaves him with a 2year old. I was in tears.

Its about family, about striving for perfection and innovation out of sheer desperation. It’s not overdramatised, and it’s not all doom and gloom, quiet the opposite actually.
So. Darned. Good.
And then there is the food pr0n. Sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had my eye on that for a while. Always like Jason Bateman, does great drama as well as comedy.

Apparently Jason Bsteman produced and directed and wrote episodes of this show.

Guy is a quadruple threat.

Has some great moments. And apparently they've picked it up for season 2

Altered Carbon on Netflix.
Ah cyberpunk, how thrilling it is film/tv technology has finally allowed us to see you in all your grimy gorgeous detail.
I thoroughly enjoyed this, but fair warning, not a show for the kids. If it had dialed back on the gratuitous violence on women I would have enjoyed it more.

Very much worth viewing.

Altered Carbon on Netflix.
Ah cyberpunk, how thrilling it is film/tv technology has finally allowed us to see you in all your grimy gorgeous detail.
I thoroughly enjoyed this, but fair warning, not a show for the kids. If it had dialed back on the gratuitous violence on women I would have enjoyed it more.

Very much worth viewing.

Very excited to check this one out!

ps: nice sig this year, Ticky009 :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back