Lemon Boi

Debutant
Nov 20, 2019
Sunny Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North QLD Cowboys, Las Vegas Bears
The Avengers, 1960–69 British “spy-fi” television series starring Patrick Macnee as John Steed.

Combine classic series Doctor Who, 1960s James Bond films, and timeless British eccentric humour and you get The Avengers.

Recommend that debutantes begin with the 1968 episode “Look – stop me if you’ve heard this one, but there were these two fellers…” featuring a guest appearance by a young John Cleese.
1575204027734.png

:lemon:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason mp

Premium Gold
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I've been binge watching Boardwalk Empire over the last week or so, I'm half way through season 3, very enjoyable.

I also have 2 locked loaded and ready to go ie. The Bridge and Billions.

Caiphus

*error*
Mar 9, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aston Villa, LA Rams
This week's episode of Watchmen had a tough act to follow last week and while it certainly wasn't as good is set up some serious anticipation for the last two episodes. I've always appreciated the graphic novel artistically and for it's themes and continued impact and influence on comics since (except its also pretty responsible for the grimdark and muddy coloured 90s comics) without actually liking it enjoying it.

I'm just surprised in enjoying it so much and it feels like a part of the world Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons created and in a pretty natural way. The series treatment of Hooded Justice just fits so well it almost seems like that was always the plan.

Top Bottom