What are YOU watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Will not go near it, I have listened to a couple of critiques on it and it sounds Epstein like, highly inappropriate and disgusting

Yeah, this is how I feel. I'm all for freedom of expression in art but this seems just like outright exploitation. Supposedly it's a critique of sexualisation of children but it seemingly does so by sexualising children. Weird, that it's become so politicised. Surely defence of pedophilia is the last hill any group wants to die on?

The American BBQ Showdown on Netflix.

sh*t, if I lived in the US you'd have to roll me out each day.

Haven't watched but there really is nothing that compares to Texas/Kansas barbecue. But we were pretty spoiled for it in Melbourne prior to covid. I wonder how many people have adopted the backyard smoker/barbecues with those restrictions.

There's nothing near where I am (plenty of Korean BBQ though) but there's some really good examples in the city. My favourite moved out to Penrith a couple of years ago though.

Korean bbq sucks ass. I'm sorry, but it needs to be said. Are you sure there's no good American barbecue? Or have the good ones had to close?

I spotted this being prepared for opening recently, I noticed it was open for business for the 1st time on our walk to the Prelim, they have a massive smoker on the outside of the restaurant, would have cost a shitload, outdoor and indoor dining looks great.

It's on Stanley Street up near where the Chalk Hotel used to be, I'll definitely be giving it a go some time soon.
1603398719132.png 1603398810180.png < Smoker.:eek:

I spotted this being prepared for opening recently, I noticed it was open for business for the 1st time on our walk to the Prelim, they have a massive smoker on the outside of the restaurant, would have cost a shitload, outdoor and indoor dining looks great.

I saw that after I posted and I don't like it. I'm sorry for being sour. I hope that restaurant's brisket is delicious and their ribs are from heaven.

It's on Stanley Street up near where the Chalk Hotel used to be, I'll definitely be giving it a go some time soon.
View attachment 992328View attachment 992329< Smoker.:eek:

Wish I could say. Half the restaurants I loved could be dead. Quality food and service will always persist though.

Korean bbq sucks ass. I'm sorry, but it needs to be said. Are you sure there's no good American barbecue? Or have the good ones had to close?
I live about 30 minutes out of the CBD - not quite full suburbia, but getting there, in part of the Asian arc of Sydney. We can get awesome Chinese, Korean, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Italian... but definitely not hipster enough for American BBQ. That's more the Surry Hills/Newtown/Enmore/Marrickville area.

I live about 30 minutes out of the CBD - not quite full suburbia, but getting there, in part of the Asian arc of Sydney. We can get awesome Chinese, Korean, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Italian... but definitely not hipster enough for American BBQ. That's more the Surry Hills/Newtown/Enmore/Marrickville area.

What a world where Texas/Kansas style barbecue is hipster. For any entrepreneurs listening there is an opening.
Dlanod, grab a barbie with a smoker for summer.

What a world where Texas/Kansas style barbecue is hipster. For any entrepreneurs listening there is an opening.

In Australia? No idea what it's like in Melbourne but I've met the guys running American-style BBQ places in Sydney and I've seen where the places concentrate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Australia? No idea what it's like in Melbourne but I've met the guys running American-style BBQ places in Sydney and I've seen where the places concentrate.
They're everywhere here (pre covid). Fancy Hank's, Bluebonnet and Le Bon Ton, forgive me.

This video has over 4 billion views. FOUR ******* BILLIOM.
It's a great song, inoffensive, good beat, film clip is okay, albeit forgettable. Doesn't make any overt references to Bruno Mars being a homosexual or anything that might be surprising. (We all already ******* know it and don't care)

Why is this one of the most watched pieces of media in human history?

Finally got around to watching Utopia (the ABC one). This is absolutely fantastic.

Also, a production of Macbeth with Patrick Stewart is available free this week:

I managed to do a PCL in the kitchen. I am so dumb. At least I can watch Christmas movies. I love Home Alone so much. Watched it twice already this Christmas period. Christmas Vacation and It's a Wonderful Life also must see.
What's your favourite Christmas movie? It can be tenuous like Godfather or in Bruges. I've watched both those this Christmas, and we'll watch Die Hard tonight.

I've watched a few good Australian series lately on Netflix > Jack Irish, Pine Gap, Secret City and Wanted, all well worth the watch.

Have also just finished the first season of the Danish drama series Borgen, extremely good.

I've watched a few good Australian series lately on Netflix > Jack Irish, Pine Gap, Secret City and Wanted, all well worth the watch.

Have also just finished the first season of the Danish drama series Borgen, extremely good.
Is it English speaking or voice over?
Find the voice over shows really hard to watch.

Is it English speaking or voice over?
Find the voice over shows really hard to watch.
Yer it's dubbed in English, I find it OK as long as the lips aren't too out of sync which they aren't in this one. I really like the quality of the Scandinavian series out there, there are plenty of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back