Analysis What are your clubs biggest positional needs at the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

North need a KPF but I don't think our picks put us in reach of any (unless we go for Keeler or reach for a Lemmey/Scully type with 23). I think with two first rounders next year and a fair chance they're both top ten we'll use that draft for that area and see what is available in the state leagues with a handful of rookie spots available.

I've seen some say we need KPD's but I think Corr and Dawson coming in over the last few months has negated that.

The Adelaide second rounder we brought in will be interesting (we won't draft with 40/43 unless a Harvey bid comes in earlier which I doubt) and while I've seen links to Gruzewski (doubtful although his forward craft gives him a look) and Cowan if there I think we'll be hoping Charlie Clarke is available.

KPD is clearly our biggest need and I hope we draft two tall kids.
Hopefully Lemmey is one of them and the other a proven KPD Van Es or Phillips.

Less about positional.
We need x-factor and competitiveness.

Tsatas, Wardlaw, Phillipou or Humphrey seem likely at our first pick
I quite like Clark and Ginbey as well. Less x-factor, but bring some good competitiveness. Though if we can keep our 2nd pick active before a Davey bid, then there are options there and we can focus on the "jet" pick at 4 (5)

1. Inside/big bodied midfielder
2. Inside/outside midfielder with breakaway pace
3. Outside midfielder with excellent kicking skills

Swans - KPD (height preferred), Inside Mid (clearance bull), Small Forward (crumber not marker). None are desperate needs but with 3 picks we can take one of each

WCE needs inside mids with pace
We desperately need quick back man our current players there have no quality
Ruckman we need but can wait to next year so can kpf as next years prospects are
much better than this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Inside/big bodied midfielder
2. Inside/outside midfielder with breakaway pace
3. Outside midfielder with excellent kicking skills
Agree although I argue we are too early in rebuild to be too specific we need talent first and foremost. Our gaps are 3 forwards (second tall, mid size fwd/mid and small fwd) and then the mids as you say. I think we get player 2 above with pick 6 (Mackenzie tsatas or philippou) and one of the small fwd or fwd mids with 24 (George hotton jones konstanty). Hoping to add 22 (see above players for 24) and perhaps 35/36 (magor lemmey D’aloia long) in the mix. Obviously Munkara with pick 40!

Freo need a ready made key forward and small forward that can dominate games

Tigers obviously need KPP depth and strange as it may seem after getting Taranto & Hopper, I believe we still need bigger bodied midfielders not necessarily inside types, but some midfielders with a bit of height and size about them as our young midfielders in Baker Bolton Short Graham Sonsie Dow & Clarke are all sub 183cm/83kg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back