Autopsy What are your Positives and Negatives for Round 11?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: North's win, whilst not one for the ages, it was nice to see the players, coach and supporters feel good about the club at the same time.

Learnt: The coaching merry go round is in full swing, decisions will have been made by some clubs, they just haven't announced it yet.

Hated: Carlton being crap for 20 years. Feel for the supporters (mostly). John Elliot should be burnt in effigy for what he started.

Liked:
North's win was entertaining footy.
Jack Darling getting back to what he does best (dropping marks in GFs excluded)
Freo dusting the Pies- opens it up for WCE. Even when they win they sometimes lose.
Hated:
Poor Geary cant catch a break (no pun)
AFL refusing to man up and admit fault. The 2 umpire reviews (Walters and Allen goals) were p1ss poor efforts- admit it, rectify it for future games and learn from it.
The protected zone rules and interpretations. 50m penalties for something that in some cases is unavoidable and in others, have no bearing on the kicker is way over the top. Needs to have a serious review at the end of the year.
Learnt:
Brisbane are the real deal- maybe not Premiership contenders but will give top 4 a shake if they dont drop off.
North will be a tough team to play against for the rest of the year.
Freo should be making finals this year and their best is pretty damn good. Looking forward to the next derby.

Positives: Cats win with some grit and without the little master, Blue shorts at home.

Negatives: Video review system is insane. Carlton board are weak !@#% throwing Bolton under a bus and declaring all is well with the strategy.
Do the Swans really want Ross Lyon? Are they mad?

Pearce hurting his ankle and missing the rest of the season. Pretty devastating for Freo.
And what did you learn and hate? ;)

In b4 the PC crowd get hold of my post - I was sorry to see Pearce go down, he’s a gun and you want to see the best out there every week.

Do the Swans really want Ross Lyon? Are they mad?

I will say that the one positive on Lyon is that he can turn a struggling side into at least a mediocre one capable of pushing for finals. He'd be a good "interim" coach to get before making a push for the real geniuses of the league.

Liked: we looked scary as we savaged the Dogs, getting the percentage boost we needed. Back to our impressive, dominant, arrogant best at home and look on track.

North's uplifting win.

Hated: while I'm glad the Pies lost, the AFL needs to take accountability.

Jared Geary...gee whizz

Learnt: not much new. Carlton's 'rebuilt' seems like a quaint memory. Brisbane and Freo could be real contenders. Haven't rated the Pies that highly and this helps confirm that.

And what did you learn and hate? ;)

In b4 the PC crowd get hold of my post - I was sorry to see Pearce go down, he’s a gun and you want to see the best out there every week.

Nothing "PC" about thinking you're a flog for joking about a season-ending injury, which is already the third of his young career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing "PC" about thinking you're a flog for joking about a season-ending injury, which is already the third of his young career.
Jesus Christ, it was a tongue in cheek dig at the West Coast/Fremantle rivalry. Lighten up.

Jesus Christ, it was a tongue in cheek dig at the West Coast/Fremantle rivalry. Lighten up.
Agreed - we’re not all as uptight, even if we are p1ssed about the injury.

And I can’t figure out where to put the Melbourne choke in the LLH list, but it feels like it should be there somewhere

Agreed - we’re not all as uptight, even if we are p1ssed about the injury.

And I can’t figure out where to put the Melbourne choke in the LLH list, but it feels like it should be there somewhere
I was sorry to see him go down, he’s a gun.

Learned: That collingwood supporters tend to get a bit bitter with each loss they have. Always look for excuses on why they lost.

To be honest I've found the exact opposite this week. Most Collingwood supporters were humble and recognised they weren't good enough to deserve the win on Saturday but AFL media and a few weird opposition fans ran with the 'touched' narrative.

Collingwood fans are nowhere near the worst on BigFooty at least (not even in the same postcode).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back