What are your three bold predictions for 2022?

teethmeetsflesh

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. The VFL side makes the prelim after a slow start.
2. Robbie Tarrant gets AA with the media jerk fest saying it’s his best season ever. But every Nth fan knows he’s played heaps better for years - but just in a Roos jumper so it’s not recognised.
3. Paul Curtis becomes the small forward we‘ve been crying out for, plays 10 or so games and kicks a few bags of 3 plus goals.

The most likely of any listed so far

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
1. The VFL side makes the prelim after a slow start.
2. Robbie Tarrant gets AA with the media jerk fest saying it’s his best season ever. But every Nth fan knows he’s played heaps better for years - but just in a Roos jumper so it’s not recognised.
3. Paul Curtis becomes the small forward we‘ve been crying out for, plays 10 or so games and kicks a few bags of 3 plus goals.

I'd bet your house on item #2.

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
1. JHF wins the rising star. We have 3 nominations for the award (Curtis, Goater the others).
2. McKay, Zurhar, Hall in AA squad.
3. Nick Larkey in the AA team and finishes second in the Coleman medal.

bonus prediction. We finish 9th and miss the finals by percentage with a record of 12/10 along with 6 other teams in the most even year of footy seen in ages. We go into the last game needing to beat the suns by 93 points and only win by 70 kicking an in accurate 17.22. Slevo, Thomas and Cam Z kicking 4.14 between them.

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Powell get 16 votes in the Brownlow.

2. H-F kicks 35 goals in his first year.

3. Footy word discovers that Barrett has been walking around on his hands for years and his head looks like a scrotum with glasses because it actually is and that he has literally been talking out of his arse.

BTW,
Happy Christmas (or whatever it is that you celebrate at this time of year) and a happy new year everyone.

Intothewind

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Due to massive covid outbreak, AFL allows 10 day contracts like the NBA to draft in retired players to replace isolating players. So....who we gonna get? My predictiion is big Wayne #18 fit and firing after the SAS reality tv show, will be back, parked at Full Forward for 1 or 2 games mid winter.

2. Clarkson to replace Voss after 8 weeks.

3. Giantroo employed as head of North Melbourne media department.

1. Due to massive covid outbreak, AFL allows 10 day contracts like the NBA to draft in retired players to replace isolating players. So....who we gonna get? My predictiion is big Wayne #18 fit and firing after the SAS reality tv show, will be back, parked at Full Forward for 1 or 2 games mid winter.

2. Clarkson to replace Voss after 8 weeks.

3. Giantroo employed as head of North Melbourne media department.
If it were anyone it would be Boomer, and he’d probably finish top 10 in the Syd.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
only one prediction for me:
WE WILL WIN THE FLAG!
and Coach Emeritus Scamper wills it
IMG_4225.jpg

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If it were anyone it would be Boomer, and he’d probably finish top 10 in the Syd.
This is a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I think that in mid-2019, when Boomer started participating in pretty much full training with the group + with COVID disrupting state leagues, Rhyce and Co were genuinely considering bringing him out of retirement in the mid-season draft. Didn't eventuate but I think it might have been on the table for a bit there.

This is a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I think that in mid-2019, when Boomer started participating in pretty much full training with the group + with COVID disrupting state leagues, Rhyce and Co were genuinely considering bringing him out of retirement in the mid-season draft. Didn't eventuate but I think it might have been on the table for a bit there.
How is that a conspiracy theory?

(Ahhh because in mid 2019 covid was disrupting things. See they're messing with time.)

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Predictions:
1 - Thomas wins Syd Barker & makes AA extended squad
2 - JHF has a 20+ disposal 3+ goal game
3 - Powell comes top 3 in Syd Barker

More Realistic Predictions:
1 - Larkey kicks 50+ goals, seeing significant benefit of CCJ into the side
2 - Perez & Goater show enough for us to stop freaking out about our back 6 post Hall & Ziebell
3 - Hugh Greenwood plays 22 games and contributes to career best years for Simpkin & Davies-Uniacke

I am predicting we will be preempting 1993 again . There will be signs in some games that we look like we have come of age , only for us to lose to a team we were favoured against the following week . Win between 5 to 10 games. 2023 it will really begin . Harness the potential of this group and we could get very far into September in the future years for a number of years too, if everything aligns. But that is easier said than done , but I reckon we can get there.

Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
Larky wins the Coleman
Hawthorn or Collingwood have the fewest wins this season
JHF wins the rising star*

*not that bold but I'll make a bit of coin if 2 of those pan out. If all 3 happen I will clean up

1. Ben McKay changes his name to Barry McKay just to mess with an already confused AFL media
2. Cam Zurhaar dresses up as Rod Farva from Super Troopers for Mad Monday
3. In response to a new Truth In Advertising Act the membership dept quietly shelves the ‘Membership Package’ and replaces it with the ‘Membership Envelope’

Tiberius

Generational Talent
Sep 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dunno really. I expect:
1. Brian Taylor will call Collingwood the best side ever to win the spoon and declare it an aberration. Meanwhile Pendlebury and Sidebottom will retire and Jack Magden will still be forced out due to Salary cap pressures. Pies fans will label Magden a future Brownlow medallist but there will be zero interest from other clubs. Some pies fans will back Mason Cox to win the Coleman.
2. Michael Christian will continue to invent rules to suspend North players in order to look tough for the other clubs and the AFL. Meanwhile Patrick Dangerfield will be given a suspended fine for third degree murder.
3. I will continue to run out of ideas half way through a post, but then decide that it really doesn't matter and come up with some mad whimsical ramblings to make it look like I took the thread seriously.

Dunno really. I expect:
1. Brian Taylor will call Collingwood the best side ever to win the spoon and declare it an aberration. Meanwhile Pendlebury and Sidebottom will retire and Jack Magden will still be forced out due to Salary cap pressures. Pies fans will label Magden a future Brownlow medallist but there will be zero interest from other clubs. Some pies fans will back Mason Cox to win the Coleman.
2. Michael Christian will continue to invent rules to suspend North players in order to look tough for the other clubs and the AFL. Meanwhile Patrick Dangerfield will be given a suspended fine for third degree murder.
3. I will continue to run out of ideas half way through a post, but then decide that it really doesn't matter and come up with some mad whimsical ramblings to make it look like I took the thread seriously.
I suspect you only made that post cos you thought of number 3 first.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dunno really. I expect:
Haha this is entirely the spirit in which to take this thread

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. of all our talls, xerri will finish highest in the bnf
2. lachie young will cement a place in the 22
3. simpkin will kick goal of the year after getting around 6 or more blokes

1. of all our talls, xerri will finish highest in the bnf
2. lachie young will cement a place in the 22
3. simpkin will kick goal of the year after getting around 6 or more blokes
This will actually happen at some point.

Back