What ballparks have you been to?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm heading to the States in April/May and going to a game is high on my agenda.

Looking at schedules etc. I have a few choices, so I was hoping to get some feedback regarding the best game/s to get to - factoring in the quality of the sides but also the stadiums and atmosphere.

Looks like my choices are...

Athletics vs Mariners
Giants vs Rockies
White Sox vs Indians
White Sox vs Royals
Yankees vs Rays
Mets vs Nationals
Mets vs Orioles

I'd love to head to Yankee Stadium so Yankees vs Rays is likely. Having won the World Series last year, would people recommend I head to Giants vs Rockies in the Giants' first game at home for the season?

I'm heading to the States in April/May and going to a game is high on my agenda.

Looking at schedules etc. I have a few choices, so I was hoping to get some feedback regarding the best game/s to get to - factoring in the quality of the sides but also the stadiums and atmosphere.

Athletics vs Mariners
Giants vs Rockies
White Sox vs Indians
White Sox vs Royals
Yankees vs Rays
Mets vs Nationals
Mets vs Orioles

I'd love to head to Yankee Stadium so Yankees vs Rays is likely. Having won the World Series last year, would people recommend I head to Giants vs Rockies in the Giants' first game at home for the season?
Can't go wrong with the Rays. :thumbsu:

I worked for the Toronto Blue Jays for both 2013 and 2014 seasons. Cool place but holy hell their park is so s**t compared to the rest of the league. I saw another game down at Camden Yards in baltimore and it was gorgeous, so much history and tradition there. The Rogers Centre is just a big multi-purpose grey boring concrete labyrinth that is so out-dated. Only upside is no cancelled games when it's bad weather, but it's just not a great vibe.

I worked for the Toronto Blue Jays for both 2013 and 2014 seasons. Cool place but holy hell their park is so s**t compared to the rest of the league. I saw another game down at Camden Yards in baltimore and it was gorgeous, so much history and tradition there. The Rogers Centre is just a big multi-purpose grey boring concrete labyrinth that is so out-dated. Only upside is no cancelled games when it's bad weather, but it's just not a great vibe.

The Skydome predates Camden Yards.

Athletics vs Mariners
Giants vs Rockies
White Sox vs Indians
White Sox vs Royals
Yankees vs Rays
Mets vs Nationals
Mets vs Orioles

Definitely go to see the Giants, that stadium is gorgeous. If you can make it to both Yankee Stadium and Citi Field, do both. Both are accessible by the subway.

The Skydome predates Camden Yards.

A lot of parks do, but I meant in terms of design and appeal it ranks really low. When it was built it was the hottest thing around due to everyone wanting a roof/multi purpose. But now I'd take a game at an older refurbished park with a bit of character. There's literally nothing to show.

There's rumours that they're going to real grass and doing a bit of a retrofit in 2018. Whether that comes to fruition is yet to be seen but one can hope.

A lot of parks do, but I meant in terms of design and appeal it ranks really low. When it was built it was the hottest thing around due to everyone wanting a roof/multi purpose. But now I'd take a game at an older refurbished park with a bit of character. There's literally nothing to show.

There's rumours that they're going to real grass and doing a bit of a retrofit in 2018. Whether that comes to fruition is yet to be seen but one can hope.

That, I agree with.

I moved over to Toronto a few years back, really gotta hustle and see a few more parks. I met a dude who was doing all MLB parks over the season. Pretty incredible.

Get to Boston, and take the Northeast Corridor Amtrak. You can hit Fenway, Yankee, Citi Field, Citizens Bank Ballpark, Camden Yards and Nationals Park, all on the same train line. Since moving to Denver from New York, I really have to hustle to see a bunch of parks.

Get to Boston, and take the Northeast Corridor Amtrak. You can hit Fenway, Yankee, Citi Field, Citizens Bank Ballpark, Camden Yards and Nationals Park, all on the same train line. Since moving to Denver from New York, I really have to hustle to see a bunch of parks.
Oh wow awesome. I did a tour of Fenway back in 2012 but haven't been back to boston Since. I used to live in Chicago for a few months but it was over winter so I didn't get to see any baseball which sucks. Used to pass Wrigley every day.

Current parks:
Wrigley Field - about 100 times
US Cellular Field - losers
Miller Park - nasty fans, nasty, nasty fans(if you're a Cubs fan)
PNC Park- flew to Pittsburgh just for a day to see the Cubs lose. Great park. Like the fans.
Great American Ball Park - been there a few times always enjoy it. Cinci's Kings Island is a fun theme park

R.I.P. Parks:
Busch Stadium - the old one - I always enjoy playing the Cards. Love/hate rivalry. Fans are always fun.
Comiskey Park - forced to go as a kid since my late father was a White Sox fan
Milwaukee County Stadium- back in the 60s to see the Cubs play the Braves

Only seen from the outside while driving by:
Dodger Stadium
Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Shea Stadium - glad that cesspit is gone

I've been to Wrigley Field with a few BF Bulldogs posters who were visiting our fair city.

Agreed re Pirates fans, both games I went to at Wrigley were against the Pirates, friendly lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headed to Dodger Stadium in June to watch the Dodgers v Rockies.

Where is the best value for seats, not the cheapest nosebleeds where I can't see anything, or $600 behind the plate seats.
I've been to Dodger Stadium once. Surprisingly, it's the 2nd oldest stadium in the National League, opened in ~1958.....but looks brand new. It's spotless. You could eat off the parking lot. Don't worry about not sitting right behind the plate. Sure, it's cool, but there are plenty of other good seats. If you're going for one game, the 1st deck up from the main level is a great seat, especially if you can sit between 1st and 3rd base....but down the lines isn't bad either. Beware of the outfield pavilion, where Mexican gangs roam. Otherwise, the rest of the stadium is very family friendly. Definitely in my Top 3.

Heading off to see the M's play the A's and then the Red Sox at Safeco Field in May. Saw them play back in 2011 against the White Sox and the experience is much better than anywhere else. Have a mixture of seats at field and club level plus the Hit it Here Cafe.

Hope the Pitching lines up so I get to see King Felix pitch twice.

Current parks:
Wrigley Field - about 100 times
US Cellular Field - losers
Miller Park - nasty fans, nasty, nasty fans(if you're a Cubs fan)
PNC Park- flew to Pittsburgh just for a day to see the Cubs lose. Great park. Like the fans.
Great American Ball Park - been there a few times always enjoy it. Cinci's Kings Island is a fun theme park

R.I.P. Parks:
Busch Stadium - the old one - I always enjoy playing the Cards. Love/hate rivalry. Fans are always fun.
Comiskey Park - forced to go as a kid since my late father was a White Sox fan
Milwaukee County Stadium- back in the 60s to see the Cubs play the Braves

Only seen from the outside while driving by:
Dodger Stadium
Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Shea Stadium - glad that cesspit is gone

I've been to Wrigley Field with a few BF Bulldogs posters who were visiting our fair city.

The greatest day out i've had at a ballpark was at Wrigley. have been a devoted tragic ever since.

Others ive been too
Fenway Park
Joe Robbie Stadium
The old Seattle Kingdome
Old Miller Park (milwaukee)
Camden Yards
The Cell (hated it)
The Colosieum in Oakland...scary joint!

Last edited:
I've been to Dodger Stadium and AT&T Park in the past month - both are brilliant. Heading to Citi Field tomorrow for Mets-Brewers, and then Fenway on Tuesday for Sox-Rangers. Also hoping to catch a Cubs game during their series with Washington at Wrigley next week. Cannot wait for my coming week of baseball!

Fenway Park about 16 or 17 times;
Yankee Stadium (new) 3 or 4;
Citifield in Queens 4 or 5 times;
Wrigley twice;
Petco in San Diego;
Oakland Coliseum about 8 or 9 times;
Nationals Park in Washington;
Dodger Stadium in LA;
AT & T in San Francisco;
Chase Field in Phoenix

Old:

The Vet in Phillie;
Jack Murphy in San Diego;
Anaheim Stadium before its re-make.

just the skydome a couple of times. Nice stadium actually, esp when the roof is open

Target Park - Twins home game v Yankees...so much corn related snack food. :eek:

Petco Park - for a few Padres games. Wanted to take my dog to the Dog Days of Summer on July 1 but looks like I missed out on tickets :(

Citi Field - Mets were 2-0 in the games I saw against Rockies and Nats both 1 run games, very family orientated crowds, one of the games was latino night
10415572_330566613779867_4422495114534282387_n.jpg
10687064_330566603779868_3187282009403986994_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back