What band (that still exists) have you not seen live but want to

Remove this Banner Ad

Spermbird

All Australian
Jun 18, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't know how clear my heading was so my question is out of all the bands still kicking around that you have have never seen live do you want to see the most.

For me it would be a band that keeps reforming and breaking up being the Decendents, but since they are in hiatus again atm it would either be the Stranglers or the Stiff Little Fingers (I think they are still going)

A more modern band I would lover to see are the Kaiser Chiefs (I was at the pub with mates drinking when they supported the Foo).

For me it would be a band that keeps reforming and breaking up being the Decendents, but since they are in hiatus again atm

O rly?

Hmmmf, didnt read that. :( Ah well there is plenty of back catalogue to listen to.

Still havent caught Rise Against which disappoints me. Same goes with The Bronx.

I've been pretty lucky with seeing my top bands over the last 3 or 4 years... however... i'd still like to see

Flaming Lips
White Stripes
Sigur Ros

Rage Against The Machine (soon to be rectified)
They Might Be Giants

And I'm still kind of hoping that TISM do a show or something coz they kind of just disappeared without announcing anything. I know that some of them are back performing with Root, but I always wanted to see TISM.

Don't know how clear my heading was so my question is out of all the bands still kicking around that you have have never seen live do you want to see the most.

For me it would be a band that keeps reforming and breaking up being the Decendents, but since they are in hiatus again atm it would either be the Stranglers or the Stiff Little Fingers (I think they are still going)

A more modern band I would lover to see are the Kaiser Chiefs (I was at the pub with mates drinking when they supported the Foo).

I saw The Stranglers back in 2004. No Hugh Cornwall but all the rest of the originals and two new members. WOFT without Cornwall IMO.

Iron Maiden. Soon to be rectified.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

My thoughts exactly. 17 days 'till the Perth gig, just a bit longer for yours.

I've heard real good things about Sigur Ros live, but unfortunately I wasn't able to catch them last time they came. Hopefully I will be able to if/when they come again.

For me it would be a band that keeps reforming and breaking up being the Decendents, but since they are in hiatus again atm it would either be the

If i can't see a band in or close to their prime i'm not really all that interested in seeing them at all. These reunion type tours are wearing a little thin for me. I saw All a few times on their first tour of Australia in the summer of '90/'91 & they were simply awesome. Back then Bill was still thin, Stephen had some hair & Scott Reynolds was singing. Their energy was off the chart & half their set was Descendents songs anyway (they were maintaining they were still essentially the same band). To me, i'd take seeing All back then, in their prime over seeing a tired, old Descendents now, any day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If i can't see a band in or close to their prime i'm not really all that interested in seeing them at all. These reunion type tours are wearing a little thin for me. I saw All a few times on their first tour of Australia in the summer of '90/'91 & they were simply awesome. Back then Bill was still thin, Stephen had some hair & Scott Reynolds was singing. Their energy was off the chart & half their set was Descendents songs anyway (they were maintaining they were still essentially the same band). To me, i'd take seeing All back then, in their prime over seeing a tired, old Descendents now, any day.

I missed that show due to apathy, but heard it was a great night out.

I just want to meet Milo, I find him interesting

I just want to meet Milo, I find him interesting

Yeah, i didn't see them in Adelaide. Went over to Sydney & saw them play the Phoenician Club, Paddington RSL & Landsdown Hotel. The Paddo RSL show was simply phenomenal. I was told the Adelaide show was a little flat.

Dave Matthews Band - missed them last year when they came down unfortunately.

M E S H U G G A H

You might be interested in this bit of footage i just dug up on youtube. It's ALL live in Italy just over a month before they came here on that first Australian tour in December 1990. There's some other semi-pro shot live footage on youtube from the same era but i reckon this clip is a more acurate example of what they were like to see at that time. And you'll notice two of the three songs are Descendents songs.

[youtube]F0t-YqMmdPI[/youtube]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back