Strategy What can we do as supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I puked up in the back of the Bucks bus and you had to let me out at half time Jmac. Heard you ended up driving it off a cliff. Glad to see you made it out ok. What about Jasper, Saintly, No Spin, Maggie and the others? any of them make it out?
People posts their thoughts and I respond, sometimes agreeing with their sentiments, sometimes deriding them. If someone makes a comment that I think is infactual, outlandish or just plain dumb, I call them out on it.

What I don't do though is call out people who aren't even engaged in the conversation to mock them. If you take issue (as above) with only me as a poster, why include Saintly Viewed No SPIN and Maggie5 (all people who defended Buckley) in your comment unless it was to revel in their misfortune?

People posts their thoughts and I respond, sometimes agreeing with their sentiments, sometimes deriding them. If someone makes a comment that I think is infactual, outlandish or just plain dumb, I call them out on it.

What I don't do though is call out people who aren't even engaged in the conversation to mock them. If you take issue (as above) with only me as a poster, why include Saintly Viewed No SPIN and Maggie5 (all people who defended Buckley) in your comment unless it was to revel in their misfortune?
sometimes it's better for me to turn the other cheek

This will make a big difference..........

his is what the DNA of the Collingwood football club is all about and I’m not just saying this as a speech or feel good or whatever. This is what is inside my marrow. This is what Collingwood is all about.

Yeah, they are all surrounding us at the moment. We are the scum of football at the moment as we were 125 years ago when we were the scum of Victoria in the depths of the great depression and we stood side by side. And that’s what I expect from our players and our supporters. And we will rally together. Whether we get the results, time will tell.

But I tell you what we won’t do, we’ll never give up, we’ll never dog it, we won’t turn on our own. We won’t desolate people who give to the club day in and day out and over 10s of years we don’t turn on our people, we stand side by side.

We don’t get spooked by headlines, we’ don’t get spooked by people who celebrate one day, dance on your grave the next. We know what it is all about. This his a club that has endured for 125 years, not because we flip flop in the wind when it gets tough.

So we will get stuck into it. We will see Geelong on Sunday. MCG. Sunday afternoon. We’ll be right to go and our players will give it our best shot. Geelong are a great club, they might beat us but I tell you what - it will be the spirit of Collingwood that will be tested on Sunday afternoon. I hope like hell that we get up and win.

It was devastating yesterday you know what we played a good team and we played a great club. We got done but we did it in an honourable way.

No one turned their toes up yesterday but we just got done in the end. So it is a tough time, I didn’t expect to come out this morning and talk like this but you get asked the question and that’s the response because that’s what its all about in footy. You either stand up or get out. And our time is to stand up now because we owe our supporters. We really do.

EDDIE McGUIRE ON NATHAN BUCKLEY:
“Overtime I’ve looked for Nathan Buckley as a player, as a person, as a coach he has never let me or the Collingwood football club down. Anytime he has been required to step to the line he steps, and he steps forward before you even ask him too

“There has been no greater servers of the Collingwood Football Club. There is no better person to have our club’s future in his hands than Nathan Buckley. He will do whatever his required to the best of his ability. Now the results will come and the results will be decided upon and action will be taken because no person, whether it is the president or the coach or a player or anybody is bigger than the club.

That's what I'll be doing too Pera. Side by Side n all that. I was there when it was good, I was there when it was bad before it got good and I'll be there when it gets good again in the future. That's what supporters do. The Club owes me nothing. I choose to be a Collingwood supporter, and I'm going to support them next week and every bloody week after that. This post isn't about who should be sacked or who's responsible or who's to blame or whose arm do we cut off to get our pound of flesh, it's about manning the **** up and taking the good with the bad as a team, a family and a club. It goes around and it comes around. That's footy, that's life. See you next week.

"Manning the * up". What an absolute load of s**t, if you continue to accept mediocrity than that's what you'll get. We're not in a rebuilding phase or fielding a young team, we've traded and recruited heavily the past 5 years and the club has even stated that they intended to make finals yet we're performing like a bottom 4 team. If you're happy with the team as it is than that's fine, but don't pot those who aren't and are looking for ways to improve.

As sad as it is but the only way the club will listen to its fans is simply by hurting them back where it will pain them most- the financials.

If clubs don't want to make decisions based on exposed results and form over a sustained period of time, then eventually they will need to make a decision that becomes a financial one.

Nothing.
We don't get a say in it

But many like to stamp there feet, abuse people, start internet Polls, whinge about everything.....now, none of this does anything productive, but people seem to like it

One measure of character is how people respond to loss and disappointment.

I'm not for jumping off the wagon or 'punishing' the club.
The Club is aware of the situation.
Only the Football department can fix this...not you or I.
I shall continue to support...through thick or thin, ups & downs, highs & lows...I shall never surrender!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in answer to the question posed in the title.... all we do now is to vent our frustration and type posts in BF any thoughts that we might have after a defeat, even if they dont make much sense the following day... i think it's the least we can do to assist the club

Plenty of bandwagon supporters on this forum. Only want to be around when times are good.

I for one will be sticking by everything Collingwood. Board, Coaches, Players. "abandon games?" really... oh well atleast I will have a better chance to get a good seat at every game.

GO PIES.

Plenty of bandwagon supporters on this forum. Only want to be around when times are good.

I for one will be sticking by everything Collingwood. Board, Coaches, Players. "abandon games?" really... oh well atleast I will have a better chance to get a good seat at every game.

GO PIES.
I dont mind the times being bad. But when the club makes mind boggling dumb decisions and push us into mediocrity then why should i spend my hard earned attending games.

I dont mind the times being bad. But when the club makes mind boggling dumb decisions and push us into mediocrity then why should i spend my hard earned attending games.

Apparently if you don't agree fully with what the club is doing and question them you are a bandwagon supporter. I've spent thousands of dollars on the club and countless hours but because I don't like the direction of the club I'm a "bandwagoner".

Apparently if you don't agree fully with what the club is doing and question them you are a bandwagon supporter. I've spent thousands of dollars on the club and countless hours but because I don't like the direction of the club I'm a "bandwagoner".
I don't agree with everything that the club has done, or is doing. Maybe not yourself, but there are plenty of people out their with no clue. who expect to win every game. but when things are going bad, we have people suggest that not showing up to games is the answer? what is that proving?

I don't agree with everything that the club has done, or is doing. Maybe not yourself, but there are plenty of people out their with no clue. who expect to win every game. but when things are going bad, we have people suggest that not showing up to games is the answer? what is that proving?

Well it proves that we won't pay hundreds of dollars just to have part of our weekends ruined by idiotic departmental decisions that care more about money than the legacy and love of the black and white.

If I don't perform my job I get reprimands. Why shouldn't the higher ups at Collingwood lose money for failing to perform their duties to us? We are the club. Without us Collingwood die. These ******* suits tend to forget that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back