Opinion What clash jumper do you want the Lions to run out in?

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be great to see the Bears colors run around again, especially on Carara in round 1.

Lot of great memories for me, and I think they have done a wonderful job in modifying the Bears 1992 to 1996 jumper into a modern day clash jumper.

Brisbane Lions Home
Fitzroy Tribute Away
Bears Tribute Clash

What a great combo.

LOL!!

I can clearly remember watching a game in B&W (many, many moons ago) between NM and COll when both were wearing their traditional vertical stripe jumpers.

Considering I was a complete Noob to the game at the time, it was a totally confusing experience.:eek:
Fortunately colour television was introduced in Australia in 1975, so not really something we need to be concerned with 40 years later!

White is a compulsory colour in a clash design...

You keep saying that, but the wording in the rule you quoted earlier is "predominantly light colour". As Richmond's and West Coast's clash guernseys prove, yellow/gold is a light colour.

White collar and cuffs is fine, but the side panels are just unnecessary. As is the hint of the V in the yoke. It's too much going on in one design.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Nowhere is this more true than in footy jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You keep saying that, but the wording in the rule you quoted earlier is "predominantly light colour". As Richmond's and West Coast's clash guernseys prove, yellow/gold is a light colour.

White collar and cuffs is fine, but the side panels are just unnecessary. As is the hint of the V in the yoke. It's too much going on in one design.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Nowhere is this more true than in footy jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ideally it would have no white side panels as suggested however, these needed to be added to get the design over the line. ✅

News just in the inbox...

edit: did a pic instead of a saved file:

0pnbtMh.png

Love it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back