Coach What coaches are available?

Having just watched the C7 news, can I suggest the Lithuanian basketball coach?

He's great - players might not understand him though, so who is at fault if they don't follow instructions?

The Governor

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
The Geelong Football Club will not sack Chris Scott. That is fact!!!

I have been calling for a turnover of the long term assistant coaches who have been with the club since 2012. There is a need to bring in fresh ideas and fresh voices to the coaching group to challenge Chris Scott, Matthew Scarlett (our next senior coach) and Corey Enright.

How did Kevin Sheedy and Alastair Clarkson become long term coaches? They turn over their assistant coaches to bring in new ideas to the coaching and playing group. A head coach is a man manager of the assistant coaches who are in charge of the back line, mid field, forward line. They report to the senior coach who makes the final coach on positional moves and selection etc.

In September 2019, I would not mind Mark Choco Williams and Brendan McCartney at the club. They are the best teaching coaches in the business.

We're not going to sack coach with three years left on his contract. Best we can hope for is a cleanout of the assistant coaching ranks. There have been a few around for a long time. Maybe time for some new ideas. But perhaps Scott would rather not have anyone come in who could potentially challenge him.
With the exception of Scarlett (who has a positive ledger) a complete clean out of assistants

Think the city is so big we could have3 coaches share the roll:

Richardson, Bolton and Lyon what a combo:p

Oh and Brad Scott as director of coaching.:drunk:

Pyke could organise a mental strength training camp. Our boys sure could use it. What could possibly go wrong?

West Coast will be so scared tomorrw night when we line up for the national anthem in our Ken Doll whoops Power Stance!!!!!

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Could try Gary Hocking served a long time as assistant, why not Stevie J, Joel Corey done quite well

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
John Worsfold - demands attacking and daring football, you couple that with defensive coaches like Scarlo and Enright, plus a narrow ground at KP, then I think we'd do okay.

Don't think Worsfold has had the cattle with drugs scandal, plus with Daniher being out last 2 years... Has done okay with the Bombers imho, despite all the criticism. Has coached a flag also, played in some too.

Could try Gary Hocking served a long time as assistant, why not Stevie J, Joel Corey done quite well
Stevie J has a 3-year contract with Sydney

Not yet available

Back