Opinion What compensation would we get for Monfries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppell21

Debutant
Jun 25, 2011
Melton, Victoria.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
If Monfries does leave us during free agency than what compensation would we receive? I'm hoping that the AFL bases the compensation on what pick the player was drafted as. Monfries was drafted as pick 14 in the 2004 National Draft. If the AFL bases the compensation on the pick he was drafted as than we would receive pick 11 (directly after our first pick). This would leave us with picks 10 and 11. This would give us the opportunity to select Daniher with pick 10 and trade pick 11 and a player for Caddy. Anyone think that this is a possibility?

LOL PICK 10

The Saints are getting pick 13 for Goddard and he was a #1 pick.

It isn't just that he was pick one either. He has basically fulfilled his potential and is comfortable the best player drafted that year.

Edit: maybe Jobe may have something to say about my last claim but I stand by it.

I think it makes more sense for Essendon to trade Monfries to Port. This way Port keeps there Pearce/Chaplin picks but in return given we've decided to do a trade instead of free agency to help Port they may give us a slightly better than normal offer, not by much, but slightly. Almost a good will gesture.

Goddard not enough for you?

media_preview.php

I think it makes more sense for Essendon to trade Monfries to Port. This way Port keeps there Pearce/Chaplin picks but in return given we've decided to do a trade instead of free agency to help Port they may give us a slightly better than normal offer, not by much, but slightly. Almost a good will gesture.

This.

Do port adelaide have any outside midfielders that we can trade for?

- PA want monfries
- they dont want to lose their comp picks
- we dont want to lose him for free

So we trade. What do we trade is the question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port is keen to trade for Gus so they don't lose their compo picks... I'd be happy with their 2nd round pick or a swap for someone like Ben Jacobs perhaps...

Port is keen to trade for Gus so they don't lose their compo picks... I'd be happy with their 2nd round pick or a swap for someone like Ben Jacobs perhaps...

Source?

If so, I'd be looking at packaging Gus with something to grab their first round pick.

FWIW, I get the feeling the AFL will cop out and hand out individual compensation picks per free agent and not bundle them up as some at Port Adelaide might like.

Trading Monfries to Port may see them saving in the salary cap but not neccesarily in compensation picks. It will offset one of the two picks they are likely to receive from losing Chaplin > Richmond and Pearce > Fremantle. Losing the most similar pick to what was offered for Monfries to us (if that make sense?)

Sometimes people need to learn the rules before posting! I'm still not sure port would go for trading for Monfries unless Jacobs is 100% gone, so guess we will have to wait till next week.

Gus is an absolute certainty to take Port's offer.
Don't accept any short odds. I hear that Monfries want to return home but wants to go to Crows.I suspect that money will not be a sticking point either..Start looking at some of the Crows boys that might fit into the Bombers. They have plenty that have good SANFL form that are AFL ready....

Don't accept any short odds. I hear that Monfries want to return home but wants to go to Crows.I suspect that money will not be a sticking point either..Start looking at some of the Crows boys that might fit into the Bombers. They have plenty that have good SANFL form that are AFL ready....

Or start asking the Crows who else they may want so that Tippet gets to the GC and Caddy to Essendon....

AndrewJo

3 crows have caught my eye (out of realistic targets)
Andy Otten, Aidan Riley and Brodie Martin. Thoughts?
I like the three of them.Andy Otten and Brodie Martin are returning from serious injuries and are coming back to form.Aidan Riley is a tough nut who will be a gun. Maybe a swap for a Victorian who wishes to return home may be the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back