Opinion What compensation would we get for Monfries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Watson saying that Monfries has quit the dons to take the 4 year offer at Port. Cant blame him really. My 11 year old neice is gonna be devastated tho. What will she do with all the Gus posters she has?

It's very astute of Port to facilitate a trade for Monfries rather than burning thier compo. I think Monfries + a later pick for Jacobs is far.
Why would Port facilitate a trade. Monfries is a restricted free agent which means he chooses a club to go to...they offer him a contract and then Essendon have the right to match that contract or he goes for whatever the AFL bowfins decide is his worth. I have heard that his pick is the Crows but they do no value him as highly as his manager does. I guess it is up to Monfries to decide where he wants to be...essendon, Crows or Port?...

Why would Port facilitate a trade. Monfries is a restricted free agent which means he chooses a club to go to...they offer him a contract and then Essendon have the right to match that contract or he goes for whatever the AFL bowfins decide is his worth. I have heard that his pick is the Crows but they do no value him as highly as his manager does. I guess it is up to Monfries to decide where he wants to be...essendon, Crows or Port?...

So they can keep a higher pick for compensation for Chaplin.

Because they lose a compensation pick if they sign him as a FA

You get one pick after FA, not one per player I believe. So the cumulative value of Chaplin, Pearce and possibly Salopek and Surjan is easily a first rounder based on values similar to what you posted there.

We know he's gone either way, so we're more than happy to let you blink first. In all honesty Monfries + pick 32ish for Jacobs is the best solution for everyone.

I believe you are wrong, can you show us where you read this?

Also you are undervaluing pick 32...Pick 32 alone would be worth Jacobs.
Angus for Jacobs is a fair deal in my eyes...No way Jacobs is worth gus and a second rounder in what is supposed to be a deep draft...I can't believe people have a mentality of, We got Goddard so who cares if we lose Gus for nothing....I'm sure the powers that be are not thinking this way, if they were we'd be demanding their heads on a platter...

Angus for Jacobs is a fair deal in my eyes...No way Jacobs is worth gus and a second rounder in what is supposed to be a deep draft...I can't believe people have a mentality of, We got Goddard so who cares if we lose Gus for nothing....I'm sure the powers that be are not thinking this way, if they were we'd be demanding their heads on a platter...
Option A: lose him for nothing
Option B: get him in a where we get something in return that benefits both parties

Gus for jacobs is clearly not going to happen.

Hope they don't get in a bidding war for this guy. Bit of a battler, no real position at AFL level. Our kids are just as good and they cost nothing. Keep our pick, deep draft, we will find something better.

I'm stoked we freed up some room in the salary cap to be honest.
Port will probably play him in the midfield :\ He's pretty much a slightly better Brett Ebert though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salary cap space is enough compensation.
What to do about all the 13 year old girls memberships we won't get next year though, I'll never know.

Would this allow us to actually make a play for Moloney?
I reckon the Dons new about this, even before they said no to Moloney.
I'd really like him at Essendon, he's just asking too much though.

Trade doesn't go through we lose nothing we can just move on, use psd( which i doubt) or use up one of our compo picks.

But if a trade doesnt go through you stand to lose Angus for nothing... i imagine thats worse than us using pick 30Ish instead of 40ish on him.

No need to trade for Monfries - IN:Goddard Out: Monfries is a nett win.

Good win for EFC - Couldn't see GUS being best 22 in our next premiership.

Been thinking about Jacobs - Have to say No - We can't trade in players who are bad kicks.

Have more interest in Maverick Weller/Piers Flanagan.

Don't want to trade our second rounder unless we obtain more picks.

However a trade could be of further benefit to both clubs.

Its not that simple - I suggest that Power will get more than Monfries through Free Agency - So it could end up that they get more in than they lose - So a number of steps to go yet.

And I am unsure whether the AFL will allow you to trade Free Agents.

We haven't hit the draft or trade - Have Goddard/Daniher - We are a long way ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back