Prediction What deals don't get done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year there's always a deal that doesn't get completed or a player who was rumoured to be on the move staying.

Which of those happen this year?

Personally would be interested to see how McGovern gets done if the rumours of Gold Coast beating Carlton to the punch on signing McAdam are true (obviously if not then that probably happens). Especially given they seem linked to Setterfield too and given the Gibbs thing I'm not sure Adelaide will be willing to bend over.

Similar case with Tim Kelly - not sure Gaff and Lycett compo will have the quality the Cats want. Could see Sydney's pick 12 coming into play here given they'll use that pick anyway to match Blakey.

As for someone who was rumoured to be leaving but stays....it looks like Moore and Lonie will be two of those. Scully and Lobb perhaps?

Lachie Neale is the one I'd have my money on. I think that there's enough incentive (between West Coast being "in the window" and Kelly's contract running out next year) for Tim Kelly to move, but the Dockers have a history of playing hardball. They managed to pull off an enormous heist over GC last year with the Weller deal, and are more than happy to sit tight and stare down Neale and Brisbane for a year if needs be.

Essendon hard to deal with hahaha. Try Gold Coast, my friend.
Garbage.
Garlett was a first rounder and wanted to return home for family reasons. We ripped up the contract.
Ablett got home for unders IMO.
We paid overs for Weller.
We accepted unders for Bennell.
We accepted unders for Saad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garbage.
Garlett was a first rounder and wanted to return home for family reasons. We ripped up the contract.

Probably overs if his injury run continues lol

Garbage.

You forgot wanting two firsts for Jack Martin :$

Won’t happen: Martin

50/50: May

Decent risk of not happening: Kelly, Hogan, Wingard
Yeah I don't see GC getting rid of Martin in the same off-season they're losing Lynch and quite possibly May. Unless someone gives them a mammoth offer.

As for Wingard, I have no idea what's going on there. Had you asked me three days ago I'd have said he stays for sure. Now I dunno.
Lachie Neale is the one I'd have my money on. I think that there's enough incentive (between West Coast being "in the window" and Kelly's contract running out next year) for Tim Kelly to move, but the Dockers have a history of playing hardball. They managed to pull off an enormous heist over GC last year with the Weller deal, and are more than happy to sit tight and stare down Neale and Brisbane for a year if needs be.
Would've agreed before the Hogan and Lobb news broke. Now I think they'll play ball to increase their chances of getting them.

If Neale stays then Hogan stays at Melbourne too as Freo won't have the currency to land Hogan and stay in the draft this year. This will affect May also if he nominates Melbourne, but imo Sydney should go hard for May to replace Grundy in the medium-long term. Not sure where Collingwood are at with May now seeing Moore has recommitted to Collingwood.

Imo Freo are posturing to get the biggest return available on Neale, like how they bent GC over for Weller last year, can see a deal similar to the Dayne Beams trade going through for him. Brisbane have a lot of currency in regards to draft picks and role players who could be useful for Freo, so I expect it to get done if Freo are serious about Hogan.

I can't see Kelly happening. They want double what everyone thinks is reasonable PLUS WCE doesn't even have half of the picks Geelong want.

When you go the lengths of arranging trades with clubs that he has ruled out, then making them public, you know the club has no interest in trying to get a deal done with west coast.

Everyone going off the media reports. A lot of incorrect information floated out over the last week.
Tipping Hogan, Neale, Wingard, Kelly, Beams & May all get done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back