Prediction What deals don't get done?

Remove this Banner Ad

True but that's a dumb trade by Carlton if they give that. Small forwards are not worth top picks. You can have Petracelli for 20

Not a dumb trade at all. Very good footballer who fills a huge need for us.

You should be a car salesman. Why would you buy a good car for X when you can buy a worse car for less!?

"Small forwards are not worth top picks" is a nothing statement.

- Gold Coast will not part with picks 1 or 2
I reckon the AFL put a condition that the priority pick (1) they got this year has to be used with pick 2 for Rowell and Anderson. If they trade either of these picks for a band aid quick fix, might as well fold the club now and send them down to Tassie.

True but that's a dumb trade by Carlton if they give that. Small forwards are not worth top picks. You can have Petracelli for 20

9 for Betts 3 years ago?
9 for Breust even last year ?

Papley isnt in that league so maybe 9 for Papley and Swans 2nd or 3rd.

As for Hawthorn Im sure half of it is player managers driving up prices by linking us in the media. The other half is people claiming knowledge but really not. Only a small amount is actual in the know.

Dougal Howard wont be traded, that one is my pick of the year.

Just a little info apparently Port and Dons are keen on straight swapping Wines for Fantasia

Brad Crouch deal will go through to GC but he wont be on a million a season

9 for Betts 3 years ago?
9 for Breust even last year ?

Papley isnt in that league so maybe 9 for Papley and Swans 2nd or 3rd.

Charlie Cameron went for pick 12 (might be 13, but was around that range), Papley actually has more credits at the time of trading than Cameron did. As it is most Swans fans and I agree feel that pick 9 is on the generous side from our end. He has 4 years to run on his deal. Don't think this will be that complicated, and pick 9 will do it, but there is no way on earth we are giving a 2nd with Papley, that is and would be a disgraceful trade for a contracted player.

What if Hawthorn were to offer Gunston, Smith & pick 11 for picks 2 & 20?

Forget it GC aren’t giving up picks 1&2 this year. Will not happen. GC finally have two blokes in Rowell and Anderson that want to
Play together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Papley, the Blues have a player of genuine quality who plays in a position of genuine need; @ 23yo he fits the age demographic of their list perfectly. I’d normally agree with you on principle, but this is just too good to be true and given his contract status and this draft reportedly being pretty average, it’s a no-brainer for me. Hand over the pick and get this player though the doors ASAP plz.

One decent pick plus one bloke who is well
Past it (Gunston) and an outside winger over 30 is not worth giving up the Rowell Anderson package under any circumstance.

I can guarantee we won’t trade 1 or 2. AFL have pretty much given us the priority pick on the basis we take Rowell and Anderson. If we where to trade either pick we would get in a bit of trouble I believe

They are two good names and ordinarily I'd have said they'd consider that for sure, but they're just the wrong age profile. They'll be 31 and 28 next year. Suns have already flagged they want 25 year olds they can get long term value from. If you want Anderson you'll have to supply 25 year old footballers.

The way your president on trade radio talk about pick 2 and 20 and AFL, I don't think Gold Coast is allow to deal with Hawthorn.

Dougal Howard wont be traded, that one is my pick of the year.

Just a little info apparently Port and Dons are keen on straight swapping Wines for Fantasia

Brad Crouch deal will go through to GC but he wont be on a million a season
Would be crazy to straight swap those two. Wines has more runs on the board than Fantasia, should net a 2nd/3rd rounder on top Fantasia.

Would be crazy to straight swap those two. Wines has more runs on the board than Fantasia, should net a 2nd/3rd rounder on top Fantasia.

Would do Fantasia + a pick for Wines personally, think Wines suits a need more than Fantasia does - and I rate Fantasia extremely highly as a player, he's elite when fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back