What did Jack Anthony do in Stawell?

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC he grew up with his Mum and a bunch (5?) sisters and no male influence. Was a bit of a lost soul, struggled to relate to others and fit in.

Left Collingwood under very strange circumstances. The first the club knew he wasn’t playing for them anymore was when somebody noticed he’d cleaned his locker out - and that was the end of that.

He had talent but he was clearly troubled. It’s never good to see somebody with so much potential then burn it all and fall from grace.

Hand in the cookie jar?

Unconfirmed that it's with drugs, the coach that brought him to Stawell also got sacked. Allegedly selling cocaine in the pub.

Given that the owner is female, and it's specifically described as an "employer-employee" incident, perhaps Jack said or did something in the pub (in the open or behind closed doors) that was inappropriate (sexual comments, touching, etc.).

Given that the owner is female, and it's specifically described as an "employer-employee" incident, perhaps Jack said or did something in the pub (in the open or behind closed doors) that was inappropriate (sexual comments, touching, etc.).
Or perhaps not. Perhaps he loves Trump and she doesn't. Perhaps you should stop indulging in conjecture.

IIRC he grew up with his Mum and a bunch (5?) sisters and no male influence. Was a bit of a lost soul, struggled to relate to others and fit in.

Left Collingwood under very strange circumstances. The first the club knew he wasn’t playing for them anymore was when somebody noticed he’d cleaned his locker out - and that was the end of that.

He had talent but he was clearly troubled. It’s never good to see somebody with so much potential then burn it all and fall from grace.
His dad used to post on the Collingwood board, pumping up how good he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Licuria.

Jack ran down the aisle before the ceremony wearing his Collingwood tracksuit, shook the groom's hand and ran back out.

Honestly it's hard to tell from this whether he

a) Has a really quirky, twisted, awkward sense of humour that others don't get.
b) Has some legitimate issues going on upstairs.
c) Is just a total dick of a bloke

Honestly it's hard to tell from this whether he

a) Has a really quirky, twisted, awkward sense of humour that others don't get.
b) Has some legitimate issues going on upstairs.
c) Is just a total dick of a bloke

I don't think you can have A without B.

Some of the anecdotes in this thread remind me of some of my on the (diagnosed) spectrum mates. Just not quite getting why their jokes don't click, a bit different.

He's probably spent much of his life with very little pushback against his negative tendencies - talent is king. Then when it's no longer enough, the system spits you out and you aren't left with the life skills you'd normally develop at that age.

And now they've gone and bloody cut penalty rates, the kid can't catch a break.

I always wondered how I'd go playing in the AFL - reckon that is my answer
Same bloke managed to kick 50 in a season once. Never looked anything like it after that.

I remember well after he retired he turned up at a club in Melbourne with a bunch of girls who tried using his notoriety to jump the queue. Didn’t work.

Whatever Jack did at the pub also involved the new Stawell coach, who was summarily sacked along with Jack.
The two sackings have nothing to do with each other.

The coach wasn't well received by the playing group you will find and it was rumoured that Anthony was going to be taking over the coaching role before the end of season before his incident in the pub.

Saw him out on King St with Beams and Wellingham.
Wellingham was pretty well dressed. Beams too and both were talking to a group of girls.
Then Jack was tagging along, not saying anything, not moving, just standing there awkwardly listening.
Beams wanted him to * off lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back