What did Jack Anthony do in Stawell?

LynchysMob

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Billy Hartungs dad did the same thing on our board when he was playing for us.
Dan Gorringes dad did the same thing on our board. He got put in his place big time aha.

We have a current players Dad on our board too who's a really good regular contributor and you wouldn't even be able to tell as his posting is so unbiased. Just comes across as a passionate Suns fan.

He was a very odd bloke when I met him. Happened to be in the company of other Pies players and they didn't exactly hide how they felt about him. He was one of those blokes you'd hang out with at school that would always make things uncomfortable and would always be involved in some sort of issue with someone else in the group.
Did it happen..... Right infront of you?

Dan Gorringes dad did the same thing on our board. He got put in his place big time aha.

We have a current players Dad on our board too who's a really good regular contributor and you wouldn't even be able to tell as his posting is so unbiased. Just comes across as a passionate Suns fan.
We have one of those now, his son doesn't even play for us anymore but he's a hawk through and through.

mcfly7

Debutant
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
You watch an interview like this and he seems like a pretty switched on bloke. Then you hear all the stories about him and you wonder if he's really all there. This interview must've been rehearsed...

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC

Jake Lever's old man was very busy on the Crows board last season

ZingerB

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah Gorringe's dad ended up on the Port Board after the failed trade. Funny stuff.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley

Shane Kerstens dad posted in a Geelong facebook group. In one of Shanes worst games he decided to rip into all of us for calling Shane a spud amongst other things. Then he had the audacity to say Shane was good around the time he was costing us the game!

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Given that the owner is female, and it's specifically described as an "employer-employee" incident, perhaps Jack said or did something in the pub (in the open or behind closed doors) that was inappropriate (sexual comments, touching, etc.).

Jack Anthony and the owner were in the closet making babies and someone saw one of the babies and the baby looked at them?

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Jack Anthony and the owner were in the closet making babies and someone saw one of the babies and the baby looked at them?

loloadof1__jpg_320x240_crop_q85.jpg

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
You can clearly see Ross mouth the words "******* idiot" at the end

Pity that vid didn't go a bit longer. I'm sure Jack did something even more stupid a mere minute or so later and Ross just yelled "Get him off" into the phone. Jack then trudged off and sat on the bench with the camera right in his face and his confusion/devastation was clear. He knew it was career over.

Was a weird 5 minutes and a bit awkward to watch. I went from laughing at him to feeling sorry for him.

I just reversed google image searched that picture as I was sure I knew it from somewhere. Now looking at screenshots of Lift Off and so many memories are flooding back. Incredible, what a ******* weird show though.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Paul Licuria.

Jack ran down the aisle before the ceremony wearing his Collingwood tracksuit, shook the groom's hand and ran back out.

Pretty sure it was Josh Fraser.
Was pissed off he didn't get an invite.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Did he play in the 2010 GF? I think he might have been gone by then only a year max after that article was published? If so, it makes a total mockery of that article dosent it? Lol, Nick Maxwell and BT smoking his balls....

Back