What did Jack Anthony do in Stawell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack the Tripper.

"I might have said a couple of stupid things when I was younger, but I hope I'm slowly starting to be more accepted," he said early this year.

"When I came to the footy club, I had never had any boy friends, as in mates. So to be thrust into a football club with 45 blokes, and to not really understand what it was like, I'm paying the price at times."

:think::think::think::think::greenalien::greenalien::greenalien::greenalien:

Mates, as in boyfriends to mate with. In a sexual fashion.

:think::think::think::think::greenalien::greenalien::greenalien::greenalien:

Mates, as in boyfriends to mate with. In a sexual fashion.

Makes you wonder wtf he was during during his junior playing days and into his teens....friendless child, silent mute of a teen?
If you’re not used to hanging around men, forming friendships and bonding as blokes do..then you’re gunna have a hard time integrating into any Australian rules football team.

It’s all very strange indeed.

Did it happen..... Right infront of you?

Adelaide are not permitted to sook about umpires robbing them EVER after they were gifted this win against Fitzroy by the Umpires.

Love the big statements from the commentators in an era where they weren’t limp mouth pieces for the AFL.

Adelaide are not permitted to sook about umpires robbing them EVER after they were gifted this win against Fitzroy by the Umpires.

Love the big statements from the commentators in an era where they weren’t limp mouth pieces for the AFL.

Adelaide have paid for that decision for the past 28 seasons

Also check out the first half of that match and remind yourself how many soft as s**t frees Fitzroy got early on

Terrible umpiring all round but of course only that HTB decision is remembered much like the Leigh Colbert non-mark

2012 Prelim perfectexample of us paying for it

Adelaide have paid for that decision for the past 28 seasons

Also check out the first half of that match and remind yourself how many soft as s**t frees Fitzroy got early on

Terrible umpiring all round but of course only that HTB decision is remembered much like the Leigh Colbert non-mark

2012 Prelim perfectexample of us paying for it
When do you start paying for the Colbert robbery?

funny how that never gets mentioned

iu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite John Anthony memory was all the way back in 2005 when I was watching him constantly lose his s**t one afternoon while playing for the Northern Knights against the Jets.

First he had a screaming match with his team mate (Ben McKinley) which resulted in them having to be separated by players (even opposition players), then he got into the most unco “fist fight” of all time with his opponent (where they were both trying to throw these wild round house punches but kept missing each other) and then he finished the afternoon by almost stacking it on the boundary fence while attempting to chase the Jets trainer off the ground after some post game comments.

... was a pretty eventful day.
I read this and actually lost it in a fit of laughter.

He's certainly a chip off the old block.

I recall him as just another poster. I don't recall him trying to pump him up. I mean above being a proud dad. BigFooty is a harsh place for a family member. It ended up he stopped posting because of a lot pretty ordinary criticism of Jack.

It's different for an actual player, they'd have it drummed into them not to even look at sites like this and club social media pages etc. (let alone engage other posters), but I can't even imagine how tough it would be as a parent of a battling AFL player and seeing some of the utter bile posted about them. They'd be excited when their son made it to the big time, found sites like this on Google and joined the club's Facebook page when they were just starting out and it was all rosy for them, but then it's quickly year 3, they're in and out of the senior team and they're copping it fro

It's just embedded in them to try to look after their son; easy for us who haven't been in the position.

Makes you wonder wtf he was during during his junior playing days and into his teens....friendless child, silent mute of a teen?
If you’re not used to hanging around men, forming friendships and bonding as blokes do..then you’re gunna have a hard time integrating into any Australian rules football team.

It’s all very strange indeed.

Especially since even at a strong junior club, you're probably in the top three players in your age group to even make the TAC side, then you're probably in the top 2-5 in your TAC side to be in the mix for an AFL list. People who are that far ahead of the pack at a sport, that they flirt with doing it professionally (especially a mainstream sport) typically become popular by default.

Looking back as an adolescent, things like living on the same street, catching the same bus/train to school, being in the same home group, or playing in the same sporting team were routinely more than enough for me to be 'friends' with someone whom I had practically nothing else in common with. It's not until your late teens/early 20s when you stop and wonder how you became friends with certain people, in my experience. So, unless there's some sort of issue there, or he did a lot of moving around, I'm not sure Jack could avoid having friends throughout his teen years.

So English Premier League player rocks up to a wedding in his team tracksuit. Of course my first thought I'd like to think is that Jack Anthony's humour is slowly spreading around the globe.

View attachment 599960
It is only Jack Anthony humor if he wasn't invited to the wedding

Remove this Banner Ad

Back