Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better Loosen Up

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I became a big fan of healthy eating. Yesterday I made mini turkey meatloaves with baked sweet potatoes. Tonight I made turkey taco lettuce wraps. I even ordered special food containers to take homemade food to work. Only simple and healthy food for a while...Need to lose weight a little
Pics please! :p

Jaxes

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
been doing a couple of days a week vegetarian for a little while now... last night was a huge bowl of sweet potato, onion, spinach & chickpeas covered in a mix of tahini, hot sauce & lemon juice. bloody delicious.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Beer can chicken
Tip out a third of the beer. Shove garlic lemon and thyme in it then shove the can up the chicken
Mix butter honey(i used smoked honey) garlic paprika salt and pepper then rub over chicken
Roast with some boiled potatoes
A greek salad to go with it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #2,656
I am a big fan of cooking a roast with the meat in an oven bag, then using the liquid after to make gravy.

Super tender and moist meat with rich flavourful gravy.

The little princess practically tries to drink the jug.

Better Loosen Up

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Beer can chicken
Tip out a third of the beer. Shove garlic lemon and thyme in it then shove the can up the chicken
Mix butter honey(i used smoked honey) garlic paprika salt and pepper then rub over chicken
Roast with some boiled potatoes
A greek salad to go with it

Love a beer can chicken! I do mine on the webber.... so juicy and tender!

Better Loosen Up

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was going to get my smoker out but i havent mastered it yet so didnt want to stuff it up

Not going to master anything without practice mate. Sure there may be a few slight failures along the way but that's part of the fun of it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FRUMPY

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I was going to get my smoker out but i havent mastered it yet so didnt want to stuff it up

Ive been smoking meat the last 12 months. Brisket and Pork Shoulder I have mastered, just melts in the mouth. Ribs I am a bit hit and miss with and haven't done as many times. Brisket is the best, just so flavoursome.

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
I find this thread a little humorous. With the vast majority of it being home-cooked stuff, it blows me away that people take so much time with presentation! That's not a knock on anyone - good on you for making food that looks so great - but I'm a pretty ******* excellent cook (it's the one thing that I have absolutely zero modesty about), but my food typically just looks like average home cooked fare, cos I'm arsed if I can be bothered going to the effort of making it restaurant quality presentation!

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
I find this thread a little humorous. With the vast majority of it being home-cooked stuff, it blows me away that people take so much time with presentation! That's not a knock on anyone - good on you for making food that looks so great - but I'm a pretty ******* excellent cook (it's the one thing that I have absolutely zero modesty about), but my food typically just looks like average home cooked fare, cos I'm arsed if I can be bothered going to the effort of making it restaurant quality presentation!
Ha
Fully understand .one of my friends takes the piss out of me all the time.
I spent many years in kitchens as a kitchenhand and was embarrassed by some chefs attitude to food in general.
I take pride in my food whether its just for me ,my mates or my family .obviously i only post the most photogenic ones up here

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #2,675
they are posting photos in here so presentation makes sense

Top Bottom