Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

We usually don't have much money, and usually the only meat we can afford is sausages. But I like to experiment, so once I marinated them in honey, bbq sauce, steak sauce, garlic & soy and then cooked them in the oven.

I've turned sausages into a first class A grade meal!

Oh, last night I made scalloped potatoes & chicken legs which was nice.

Lol, by the time you have paid for all that stuff to marinade the sausages in, you may as well have bought a sirloin steak.

We usually don't have much money, and usually the only meat we can afford is sausages. But I like to experiment, so once I marinated them in honey, bbq sauce, steak sauce, garlic & soy and then cooked them in the oven.

I've turned sausages into a first class A grade meal!

Oh, last night I made scalloped potatoes & chicken legs which was nice.

I have many suggestions for good yummy food recipes for people who've not got much money.

You should start a thread asking for suggestions. :thumbsu::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lightly cook a chopped onion in 2 tabs of oil, then add, 1 tab of tumeric, 5 cups of water and 1/2 cup of yellow split peas. simmer for 20 mins

season mince and mix with a grated onion, roll into balls the size of a wallnut, carefully add them and simmer for 20 mins.

mix 1/2 cup of rice flour with 1 cup of water, make a paste, slowly add to mix then add the juice of 2 lemons. Add LOADS of spinach, cover and simmer for 20 mins.

chop 2 cloves of garlic and some fresh mint and lightly fry in 1 tab of olive oil.

take soup from hot plate, add 4 beaten eggs, stir it all in and serve immediately using the mint/garlic as garnish.

pretty sure that's it lach but i will check my recipe tonight :)

A chilli & tomato sausage casserole.

Chilli & Tomato sausages, capsicum, onions, tomato, 3 bean mix, corn, sweet potatoes, beans & carrot, with a packet mix Chilli Con Carne sachet. Served on steamed rice.

Even the missus didn't mind it :thumbsu:. Being school holidays, I have to cook as I'm generally home and able to cook when she's on her way home from work.

A chilli & tomato sausage casserole.

Chilli & Tomato sausages, capsicum, onions, tomato, 3 bean mix, corn, sweet potatoes, beans & carrot, with a packet mix Chilli Con Carne sachet. Served on steamed rice.

Even the missus didn't mind it :thumbsu:. Being school holidays, I have to cook as I'm generally home and able to cook when she's on her way home from work.
Leave out the corn and that'd be quite a good budget meal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back