Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Pasta today
Penne with tuna tomato and peas and a touch of chilli (with a splash of fish sauce)

iu

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I had 6 red capsicums on my one bush, so made stuffed peppers also used up a big hand full of frozen cherry tomatoes which I wedged into the rice/meat mix that surrounded the stuffed peppers
Cooked for a few hours on 160 they just softened nicely
Pork mince and sushi rice (it was bought during the rice hoarding pre lockdown era)
Basic seasoning salt pepper
Garlic,parsley,bayleaf, sweet paprika and summer savory.

Was very good

Moved out of home just over 2 years ago and before that was your basic spag, toasties and steak sort of cook.
Got sick of all that within 3 months out on my own. Tried meal kits for a while but they're just fancy marketed frozen meals to microwave.

The last 6 months have really kick started the transition to foodie. Been trying heaps of different cuisines and cooking methods.
been ill this week so bit alarmed to see a bit of meat due to expire this weekend. Decided to use some beef mince and make chilli con carne for the first time for lunch.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Where do you guys get the motivation. I get home from work wrecked and either order take away or cook a very underwhelming meal
I'm Fifo so get a week off at a time.cooking and drinking are a good match.wellthere was the most recent time i tried frying jalapeno poppers whilst pissed. Didnt end well

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors

Westerberg

Team Captain
Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Roasted pineapple marinated in chipotle and ancho chilli salsa and wrapped in bacon. Homemade blue corn tortillas, tomatillo salsa and feta.
Basically a tacos al pastor, but with pineapple as the main ingredient, instead of the pork. So tasty!

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

And making tepache, a fermented pineapple soda with the pineapple skin and scraps :D

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Chicken Korma. Used cauliflower rice as I'm keto.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Found a frozen beef stew in the freezer added it to store bought gnocchi

A few minutes of microwaving, some boiling water, mixed together in frypan .....10 minutes later I have a great meal for a guy with no kitchen ...cooked outside on a wok burner

Back