What do members get if their team wins the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Suckers.

Seriously, AFL supporters are the easiest people to drag cash out of.

Why do you need to buy a membership to watch your team win a flag?
In theory you buy a membership to help your team win a flag. The members are a big part of the funding and a big attraction to sponsors. The reality is equalisation measures make that much less tangible.

Full members, as opposed to season ticket holders, do actually vote for the board and in theory decide who runs the club.

In theory you buy a membership to help your team win a flag. The members are a big part of the funding and a big attraction to sponsors. The reality is equalisation measures make that much less tangible.

Full members, as opposed to season ticket holders, do actually vote for the board and in theory decide who runs the club.
The clubs are different in their governance, I get that's the case for Collingwood.

It's nothing more than emotional blackmail

It's the biggest scam in world sport.

At least in the US they call it for what it is - a season pass.

This whole 'be a part of it' thing is so funny to watch.

The only thing you're a part of is helping to pay the inflated wages of people employed by the business at the time.

Not only that, with the "revenue sharing" model they have in place you may be paying another teams players wages lol.

When the Bulldogs won the 2016 premiership, members received a special gold edition of our yearbook.

Compare that to when I was a season ticket holder with the 2002 MLB Champion Anaheim Angels. I received a DVD with highlights of the entire season, a souvenir edition of the Angels World Series program, Championship stickers, and access to purchase Championship memorabilia & merchandise at a discount (around 10%).

If the team wins the flag? Signed Memorabilia? Invite to celebrations? Nothing? And if nothing, why not reward them? Companies pay shareholders dividends, especially when results are good.

An increase in membership fees & less chance of attending the GF the following few years because of the increase in bandwagoners becoming new members.

You get access to games all season, invites to exclusive club events and also are invested so when they win it feels so much better. Being a member should not be done with the "what do I get out of it" in mind. OP just curious how old are you?

Just got my Dusty Martin stick on tat's in the mail. They wash off but who's gonna be showering for the next few months anyway.

If the team wins the flag? Signed Memorabilia? Invite to celebrations? Nothing? And if nothing, why not reward them? Companies pay shareholders dividends, especially when results are good.

Love footy. But don't expect it to love you back. Only way, I'm afraid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An increase in membership fees & less chance of attending the GF the following few years because of the increase in bandwagoners becoming new members.
Our foundation members are given priority by the club regardless of nembership type. All it's done so far is cost the $5 regisration fee two years in a row though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back