• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 31, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
The way things are going in F1 these days, Ferrari are turning it into a one team competition. So, if you could control the F1 circuit, what would you like to see happen?

I would love it if the circuits actually had straights long enough that it possible to pass.

(Yes I know safety and suppressing speed killed the straight)

Watching a car getting a tow, then sweeping out too sprint for the best line into the upcoming corner was always good racing.

Quite frankly even most back markers could easily hold up the leaders, how many times have you heard a commentator noting a considerate back marker has held up a leading car by being caught on the wrong part of the track.

As it is for serious racing it takes late breaking, which often ends in someone losing a nose, or a pit stop :rolleyes: to pass.

Watching a chasing driver caught a half second behind the leader lap, after lap, after lap, knowing there is only one possible overtaking point each lap sucks.

I would love the only team I really support (MCLAREN) being competitive, and their cars getting a decent paintjob.

Interesting thread.

No one wants to see 1 team dominate - but Williams did the same thing early 90's, McLaren in the 80's - eventually Ferrari's dominance will cease.

Chances are this is what we will be stuck with - 2 to 3 teams winning 95% of the races. I don't think it's good for F1 but at least the championship may be close.

Reverse grids will never work - people would deliberately qualify badly, too much risk to the top drivers. The teams would never go for it.

I doubt a salary cap will come in either. F1 is too elitest, they actually pride themselves on been so over the top. The greater the expense, the better the developments is their argument.

I certainly want to see at least 11 or 12 teams on the grid, but you want them to be at least semi-competative.

At least bring back slicks, only use tracks with decent overtaking oppurtunities (Monaco excepted) and a few more modifications to make overtaking a little bit easier.

Originally posted by oh_my_hat

I want to see a F1 race at Bathurst and see if they actually lift off down Conrod Straight. :D

I wouldn't mind it either but I'd love to see how the cars would cope coming off the top of the montain to forest elbow.

I just want to seem more competition, it is not Ferrari's fault they have their act together after all it has taken 20yrs for them to get back to the top. I just want to see more manufacturers making it easier for the middle an lower teams.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Chances are this is what we will be stuck with - 2 to 3 teams winning 95% of the races. I don't think it's good for F1 but at least the championship may be close.

This happens now anyway. Ferrari, Williams and Mclaren dominate, and have done for the past 3-4 years. Once in every 20 races or so a Jordan or Renault will get lucky and win a race, due to retirements or wet weather.

I dont really care what happens in F1....as long as they soon get rid of the bloody Hungaroring then ill be happy.....worst circuit ever created.

Originally posted by Macca19

I dont really care what happens in F1....as long as they soon get rid of the bloody Hungaroring then ill be happy.....worst circuit ever created.

Hear hear - did you know there hasn't been an overtaking move for position there past the first corner in the past 2 years!

Imola is getting redone, which is just as well because it was a chicane-fest with no real overtaking spots. And Hockenheim has been redone for next week, really looking forward to seeing the new layout, the design looked excellent.

Back