List Mgmt. What do we do in the off season re. our list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why hasn't Josh Schache signed past 2017 while most other players/new draftee's (other than Keays) have? For me, he is probably the most important player on our list that needs to be secured over the "off season". At least another 2 more years. Keays we can replace but Schache is significantly more important for our future development.

Focusing on his footy. Loves the club. I'd say he is almost a certainty to stay.

Rocky would be FA next year, meaning best we could get in compensation is 1 draft pick after our first, and really it would likely be the next band down and be an end of first round pick. So i dont think we would get more value next year than this year.
Should be a restricted free agent. If we aren't going to get good enough compensation, match the bid. Make them trade for it.

Even then, I don't see how Rocky could be EOR1 compensation. Our captain and probably 2nd most expensive player.

PP: Ainsworth
Pick 2: McGrath
#20: trade to acquire players below
#28: trade to acquire players below
Late picks: Allison

Trade out:
Green
Gardiner

Bring in:
Ricky Henderson (Adelaide)
Jack Grimes (Melbourne)
Majak Daw (North Melbourne)
Nick Dal Santo (North Melbourne)
Nathan Hrovat (Western Bulldogs)
Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs)
Jason Holmes (St Kilda)

Out: Clarke, Merrett, West, Evans, Paine, Beasley, McGuinness, Watts, Green, Gardiner

In: Ainsworth, McGrath, Allison, Henderson, Grimes, Daw, Dal Santo, Hrovat, Boyd, Holmes

Trade out:
Green
Gardiner

Bring in:
Jack Grimes (Melbourne)
Jason Holmes (St Kilda)

Out: Clarke, Merrett, West, Evans, Paine, Beasley, McGuinness, Watts, Green, Gardiner

In: Ainsworth, McGrath, Allison, Henderson, Grimes, Daw, Dal Santo, Hrovat, Boyd, Holmes
Don't mind your thinking there at all.

I would also want Watson and Rolls (rookie list) to be drafted from the Academy, and for Gardner to be retained.

Daw, Dal Santo and Holmes are a no for me, just not good enough anymore. Grimes, Henderson and Hrovat would be good pick ups I think but highly doubt Doggies let Boyd go.

Trade out:
Green
Gardiner

Bring in:
Jack Grimes (Melbourne)
Jason Holmes (St Kilda)

we will not be contending for top 4 spot for at least 3-4 years so i would be getting very bold and proactive, load up on some elite kids in areas of need this year and a couple of experienced defenders via FA. the only ones on your list i would be interested in would be Hrovat and Henderson although not at the expense of some elite youngsters. this is a draft that has quite a lot of what we are after. lets be audacious, strike while there is an opportunity.

PP- McCluggage.
pick 2- Andrew McGrath.
pick 8- Sam Petrevski-Seton.
pick 15- Daniel Venables.
pick 20- Jy Simpkin
pick 28- one of, Jarrod Berry/William Drew/Zac Fisher

late academy bids matched- Declan Watson, Jacob Allison.

trade out- Josh Green and maybe Tom Rockliff and Pearce hanley.

Rocky to suns for pick 4 or 8. Pearce to the giants for pick 15 and Tim Mohr. Green to ? for picks used to match bid/s on Watson & Allison.

out- Clarke, Merrett, West, Evans, Paine, Beasley, McGuinness, Watts, Green, Rockliff, Hanley.

ins- McCluggage, McGrath, Petrevski-Seton, Venables, Simpkin, Berry, Watson, Allison, Mohr, Nathan Brown (FA), Mitch Brown (FA),

Rocky would be FA next year, meaning best we could get in compensation is 1 draft pick after our first, and really it would likely be the next band down and be an end of first round pick. So i dont think we would get more value next year than this year.

His form this year hasn't been terrible to a point where he's lost a heap of trade value, any added value with form improvement, is easily leveraged against being Out Of Contract.
I wouldn't want to be relying on FA compensation either, as we've already experienced can give lower then what you expect. The flip side being we won't be able to lure any free agents either (not that we've been successful with this, but limits that as an option)

If the club see that Rocky needs to go, there obviousily some issues there, and best just to part ways soon rather than later.

we will not be contending for top 4 spot for at least 3-4 years so i would be getting very bold and proactive, load up on some elite kids in areas of need this year and a couple of experienced defenders via FA. the only ones on your list i would be interested in would be Hrovat and Henderson although not at the expense of some elite youngsters. this is a draft that has quite a lot of what we are after. lets be audacious, strike while there is an opportunity.

PP- McCluggage.
pick 2- Andrew McGrath.
pick 8- Sam Petrevski-Seton.
pick 15- Daniel Venables.
pick 20- Jy Simpkin
pick 28- one of, Jarrod Berry/William Drew/Zac Fisher

late academy bids matched- Declan Watson, Jacob Allison.

trade out- Josh Green and maybe Tom Rockliff and Pearce hanley.

Rocky to suns for pick 4 or 8. Pearce to the giants for pick 15 and Tim Mohr. Green to ? for picks used to match bid/s on Watson & Allison.

out- Clarke, Merrett, West, Evans, Paine, Beasley, McGuinness, Watts, Green, Rockliff, Hanley.

ins- McCluggage, McGrath, Petrevski-Seton, Venables, Simpkin, Berry, Watson, Allison, Mohr, Nathan Brown (FA), Mitch Brown (FA),
I have dreams of getting a PP after our pick 2 and Rocky going to the Suns for their pick 5 (currently 4) and then getting our hands on Ainsworth, McGrath, Brodie or SPS and then adding the likes of SPP, Drew and then Allison and Watson. Just keep getting as much young talent in as possible.

Young Jacob Allison interests me...

...if he turns out to be a champ I'll claim kinship, long lost far flung 84th cousin.....if not a champ, don't know him from a bar of soap!:p

Given i live in SA & get to watch th SANFL a little there is a couple from the crows that might be viable trade options. Crows good run with injuries might have a few players seeking more opportunity.

Henderson sounds like he will likely want out after getting dropped for elimination final. Only 28 gets plenty of the ball, disposal can sometimes be questionable... but its not like we are overflowing with quality users off half back.

Other one is mitch grigg hasnt played at all this year & was BOG in the reserves semi final on the weekend. I see him as better option than bastinac or jansen

Depends on what we would have to give up but if Noble does come to brissy might help our cause to get them here.

Given i live in SA & get to watch th SANFL a little there is a couple from the crows that might be viable trade options. Crows good run with injuries might have a few players seeking more opportunity.

Henderson sounds like he will likely want out after getting dropped for elimination final. Only 28 gets plenty of the ball, disposal can sometimes be questionable... but its not like we are overflowing with quality users off half back.

Other one is mitch grigg hasnt played at all this year & was BOG in the reserves semi final on the weekend. I see him as better option than bastinac or jansen

Depends on what we would have to give up but if Noble does come to brissy might help our cause to get them here.
Wouldn't mind a Mitch Grigg. Has some upside and can rack them up playing as an inside mid.

Wouldn't mind a Mitch Grigg. Has some upside and can rack them up playing as an inside mid.

Saw in crows forums grigg getting valued at 3rd to 4th round pick & henderson is of course free agent so addittions that wont cost much.

And better cheap options than these 30+ delistings, you dont pick up a player with 1 or 2 years left in them unless you think they can win you a GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Fagan as senior coach
- Montgomery as senior assistant
- #2 McGrath
- Rockliff for #Top10.
- #Top10 for Scrimshaw
- #PP for Venables
- #20 & #47 for Will Hoskin-Elliott & Jack Steele (GWS)
- #28 for Mackenzie
- #56 etc for Allison
- Jason Holmes (St Kilda) for Green
- KPD for Gardiner
- Sam Colquhoun
- Grimes
- DalSanto (or similar) as Captain/Coach of reserves

- Fagan as senior coach
- #2 McGrath
- Rockliff for #Top10.
- #Top10 for Scrimshaw
- #PP for Venables
- #28 for Mackenzie
- #56 etc for Allison
- KPD for Gardiner
- Sam Colquhoun
- Grimes
20 and 28 for WHE and Steele ... :drunk:

- Fagan as senior coach
- #2 McGrath
- Rockliff for #Top10.
- #Top10 for Scrimshaw
- #PP for Venables
- #28 for Mackenzie
- #56 etc for Allison
- KPD for Gardiner
- Sam Colquhoun
- Grimes
Well, squeezing 10 players into our 5 list spots is quite the feat...

- Fagan as senior coach
- #2 McGrath
- Rockliff for #Top10.
- #Top10 for Scrimshaw
- #PP for Venables
- #28 for Mackenzie
- #56 etc for Allison
- KPD for Gardiner
- Sam Colquhoun
- Grimes

Am I the only one left cold by Scrimshaw? He looks like a neat player and I'm sure he'll have a nice career but I feel like he's being boosted up by a lot of people looking at his height and hoping he'll be the next Bont. Seems more like a Birchall without the penetrating kick to me.

Am I the only one left cold by Scrimshaw? He looks like a neat player and I'm sure he'll have a nice career but I feel like he's being boosted up by a lot of people looking at his height and hoping he'll be the next Bont. Seems more like a Birchall without the penetrating kick to me.

Scrimshaw has a lot of skills similar to the Bont. But the question is whether a club will select him so highly without him playing to a consistent level is his last junior year. That was arguably the same question for Bontempelli at the time.

Scrimshaw has a lot of skills similar to the Bont. But the question is whether a club will select him so highly without him playing to a consistent level is his last junior year. That was arguably the same question for Bontempelli at the time.

I thought the Bont had demonstrated a lot more ability to win his own ball and playing more midfield even if his draft year was inconsistent, I might be mistaken though. I'll take your word over mine but I still feel like people are reaching in the same way Fyfe exploded and suddenly everyone was desperately looking for the next Fyfe in the draft.

I thought the Bont had demonstrated a lot more ability to win his own ball and playing more midfield even if his draft year was inconsistent, I might be mistaken though. I'll take your word over mine but I still feel like people are reaching in the same way Fyfe exploded and suddenly everyone was desperately looking for the next Fyfe in the draft.

Scrimshaw's position in the Tac Cup is a bit different than what the Bonts was. Scrimshaw spend his times through the wing and off the half back flank. Bont was similar but spending time up forward.

Scrimshaw is averaging 23.8 disposals, 4.6 marks, and 1 contested mark a game Rarely wastes the ball either going at 72.7% disposal Efficency in the TAC Cup. He wins his fair share of the contested balls. Needs to do it more consistently which is easily worked on.

Top 5 is not out of the question purely due to his potential. I'd argue his junior year was better than Bonts.

What I would do with out list this off season.

Pick 2 for Mitchell and Jones from Sydney.
Pick 20 for Young from Port.
Pick 28 for either Nankervis or Downie.
Green out for a pick to use on Dunn.
Take Henderson as a FA.
Upgrade Smith to senior list.
Hanley for top 10 pick as has been talked about.
Rocky for a top 10 and second rounder next year. Or crows current first 13 and likely late first/ early second next year.
I would be open to trading Martin to Bulldogs for their first.

Excluding Martin one that 8 players off senior list and 7 back on. So we would have to free up a couple more list spots to take to the draft.

I would look at what we could get for Harwood, Robertson, Lester, Bewick, McGrath as the main 4 then the likes of Paparone, Gardner and Taylor. With the idea of moving 3-4 then on for picks in the 2-4 rounds next year depending on the player.

This would leave us with 4-5 live picks.
The 2 first rounders from Hanley and Rocky.
Potentially a PP.
Then we would be able to 1-2 of Allison, Watson and Rolls.

Ins
Mitchell
Jones
Nankervis or Downie (preference is Nankveris)
Young
Henderson
Dunn
First rounder
First rounder
PP
Allison
Possibly Watson

Outs
Rocky
Hanley
Clark
West
Merret
Watts
McGuinness
3-4 of
Harwood
Robertson
Lester
Bewick
McGrath
Paparone
Gardner
Taylor

What I would do with out list this off season.

Pick 2 for Mitchell and Jones from Sydney.
Pick 20 for Young from Port.
Pick 28 for either Nankervis or Downie.
Green out for a pick to use on Dunn.
Take Henderson as a FA.
Upgrade Smith to senior list.
Hanley for top 10 pick as has been talked about.
Rocky for a top 10 and second rounder next year. Or crows current first 13 and likely late first/ early second next year.
I would be open to trading Martin to Bulldogs for their first.

Excluding Martin one that 8 players off senior list and 7 back on. So we would have to free up a couple more list spots to take to the draft.

I would look at what we could get for Harwood, Robertson, Lester, Bewick, McGrath as the main 4 then the likes of Paparone, Gardner and Taylor. With the idea of moving 3-4 then on for picks in the 2-4 rounds next year depending on the player.

This would leave us with 4-5 live picks.
The 2 first rounders from Hanley and Rocky.
Potentially a PP.
Then we would be able to 1-2 of Allison, Watson and Rolls.

Ins
Mitchell
Jones
Nankervis or Downie (preference is Nankveris)
Young
Henderson
Dunn
First rounder
First rounder
PP
Allison
Possibly Watson

Outs
Rocky
Hanley
Clark
West
Merret
Watts
McGuinness
3-4 of
Harwood
Robertson
Lester
Bewick
McGrath
Paparone
Gardner
Taylor
It's realistic,that's what I like about it.

GifBillNye122415MindBlown.gif

Scrimshaw's position in the Tac Cup is a bit different than what the Bonts was. Scrimshaw spend his times through the wing and off the half back flank. Bont was similar but spending time up forward.

Scrimshaw is averaging 23.8 disposals, 4.6 marks, and 1 contested mark a game Rarely wastes the ball either going at 72.7% disposal Efficency in the TAC Cup. He wins his fair share of the contested balls. Needs to do it more consistently which is easily worked on.

Top 5 is not out of the question purely due to his potential. I'd argue his junior year was better than Bonts.
I like the Scrimshaw. Would love him on the Lions list. One of those classic high risk-high reward type picks IMO. Has some impressive tools at his disposal and just seems to have that little bit extra time than most from the space he creates himself. I would really want to see what he can offer as a permanent midfielder with more time under his belt playing that role.

IMO Chris Fagan 1st order of business will be a meeting with Noble, Conole and Schwab and figure out what is going to happen re Rockliff, Hanley, Green and Gardner.

they have a big week leading up to the trade/FA period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back