What do we league lovers do to get the afl guys over to this site ?

Ms.Storm

Premiership Player
Dec 29, 2000
The GraveYard Olympic Park.Melb.
Other Teams
Melb. Storm
Re: Re: Well at least we have had a few visitors...

Originally posted by play on

21 years young. By the way, as you like talking about all footy codes, I assume you have posted heaps about the NFL, Gaelic football, and International rules. They are all different footy codes. I don't believe that anyone can claim to enjoy all footy codes unless they also enjoy the NFL, Gaelic footy, or the International rules. If you don't enjoy these codes, then you can't enjoy all codes. And, Ms Storm, I know you do not enjoy the IR, because I remember your posts saying how you did not enjoy this code. I also hate the International rules, as well as the NFL, and Gaelic footy.

What people see in Soccer, or Rugby, I will never know. Give me a Coburg vs Diamond Creek junior DVFL game over any game of Soccer or Rugby. If their was a major stadium for Soccer or Rugby right across the road from my house, I would never even go over to watch them.

You will just never get me into these sports, regardless of the media coverage. Don't continue to keep trying to get me to enjoy these sports, because you will be fighting a battle that you just can't win.

Play On,
When I talk "all footy codes" I generally mean the ones played in Australia, so you are right about me mis-using that terminology. But I do enjoy NFL, and watch a bit of it on ESPN. Funnily I have only started to enjoy the game since I starting enjoying rugby.

I don't really mind Gaelic Footy, but do dislike the hybrid version, i.e. International Rules. What I think the afl should do is instead have a series of 3 games each of afl and gaelic footy (if both countries play it enough times, they will acclimatise to it), thus promoting both PURE forms of each others codes.

You say regardlessof the media coverage of say rugby/league/soccer, you will never enjoy it, but I bet you after years of free to air games, you will most probably take more of an interest, and if you adopt a team, your interest would grow.

My point is here in Victoria, we have never had any (or very little) free to air coverage of footy (other than afl) and consequently you grow up following only one particular code, whereas if "all" footy codes were played on tv, there would be more of a diverse audience and following (with many liking either one or more different codes); this then MIGHT mean afl might not have been as strong here in Melb.....or that many more Melbournians would have following more than just afl or soccer, or whatever.
In other words, Melbournians wouldn't have such a bias towards afl.
I hope you can understand what I am talking about.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just enjoy your footy team or teams is my motto.

Boy did I have to do some explaining here:p ;)

Cheers.

Ms.Storm

Premiership Player
Dec 29, 2000
Other Teams
Melb. Storm
Re: Re: Re: Well at least we have had a few visitors...

Originally posted by TheMase

Mate ...

I hardly think she was trying to brain wash us!
I think she is just trying to get some people to realise that there are other codes of football to enjoy. Some may not like it, but Victorians tend to say they don't like it when they don't give it a go. If you haven't given the game a go, you can hardly say you don't like it.

This is what Ms Storm is saying. She isn't trying to brain wash anybody.
She enjoys all codes of football, and good on her for that. Its all about opinions, you have to respect others opinions.

Thanks Mase,

Exactly what I have been trying to say, and probably also hoping we can have a little bit more traffic on this site, because I am sure a few others on the afl board do enjoy their rugby and league and soccer.

I know its hard for Melbournians (in particular and probably West Aussie and South Aussies) to say they like anything else but afl, beause its such a strong culture for us.

Cheers

Mase,
I do enjoy cricket too..call me a sports nut;) :p

Ms.Storm

Premiership Player
Dec 29, 2000
Other Teams
Melb. Storm
Carlton Forever...

I might join in one day, but I am struggling for time on the internet, love this site and the Melb. afl site, love Demonology, and of course of couple of rugby league sites......unfortunately I would love to post more on the various board of BigFooty, but honestly don;t have the time, but am so grateful that at least we now can talk league, union and soccer...soccer...that's another board I would like to spend more time on, but unfortunately can't find time at the moment.
Good luck with your game....Cheers:D

Back