What do we need to finish off rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

S

shiel would be great the guy is in the top 5 mids in the comp that u would choose right now maybe top 3 .But how do we realiscally get it done?
Would be hard, even though he has been close to returning to Vic a couple of times from what I've read.

Hopefully when his contract ends next year(?) he tries to again and we give a combo of high end draft picks.

Realistically it would probably rely on GWS falling away, can't really see him leaving if they dominate the comp as it looks like they will.

Seems really unlikely, but he'd be the perfect player.

S
Would be hard, even though he has been close to returning to Vic a couple of times from what I've read.

Hopefully when his contract ends next year(?) he tries to again and we give a combo of high end draft picks.

Realistically it would probably rely on GWS falling away, can't really see him leaving if they dominate the comp as it looks like they will.

Seems really unlikely, but he'd be the perfect player.
shiel would be the perfect player. Yes i agree but how do we get it done without him or anyone from gws? Tell me

I agree with couple of A grader midfielders but it will be very hard to find these players.

Shiel is OOC at the end of next year, we would just need to offer him a lucrative contract. We nearly had him come across at the end of last year but he wanted to see how the Giants went this season before making a decision (and unfortunately for us they are going pretty bloody well).

I'd argue that the rebuild is never finished. We should never be in a position to drop back down the ladder as badly as we did in the last 4 years. Terrible management off field led us down this path. We must ensure it never happens again.

If we go to the draft, we take the most elite kid we can get at our pick. If we're heading down the trade route, we take the most elite player we can.

The rebuild should never be over. Once we rise, we should continue to top up with a good mix of youth & trade for mid-age (23-26 yr old players) to ensure we never ever drop to wooden spoon levels again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayes
Goddard
Dal Santo

We need a handful of genuine stars to add to our emerging list..

Not Steele or Ahern etc..

We need two Dangerfield and Fyfe type quality players, or players with that potential.

Who in our team can win a game off their own boot?!
Well, we already know Jack Billings can for a start.... ;)

Well, we already know Jack Billings can for a start.... ;)

Cant see the big imrovement in Billings that others do? I believe he simply is too much of a touch player to be a dominant mid and the best we can hope for is a consisitent HFF (Nathan Brown). .And yes I would have Bontempelli every day over Billings. To be honest I think it is the single worst decision Trout has made since he was running recruitment. Billings will never get to the midfield level Bont is playing at now!

Cant see the big imrovement in Billings that others do? I believe he simply is too much of a touch player to be a dominant mid and the best we can hope for is a consisitent HFF (Nathan Brown). .And yes I would have Bontempelli every day over Billings. To be honest I think it is the single worst decision Trout has made since he was running recruitment. Billings will never get to the midfield level Bont is playing at now!
Ah yes billings will never average 19 touches in the midfield, God you post some dross

I prefer Billings to play forward of centre rather as a midfielder. We've seen glimpses where he can just be soo good in the forward line. He can probably play in the midfield, but I don't see that he would become elite in that position.

Generally the premium midfielders are ones with neat skills and extreme acceleration/agility.

Quoting this in case he goes backs and edits it, preventing the rest of the forum from having a good laugh.

I'd argue that the rebuild is never finished. We should never be in a position to drop back down the ladder as badly as we did in the last 4 years. Terrible management off field led us down this path. We must ensure it never happens again.

If we go to the draft, we take the most elite kid we can get at our pick. If we're heading down the trade route, we take the most elite player we can.

The rebuild should never be over. Once we rise, we should continue to top up with a good mix of youth & trade for mid-age (23-26 yr old players) to ensure we never ever drop to wooden spoon levels again

Agreed. I think we are getting too focused on "completing" what is basically an imaginary list position. You attempt to bring on as many good players as possible and turn them into a team that can hopefully be good enough to win a flag.

I think we still need to be focusing on additional mids and replacements for Fish and Dempster in the immediate future. After this year I think we can afford to spend higher picks on forwards again.

I have read nothing but garbage from you lately. It ends now.

nailed it.

Same thing was said about robbie grey early in his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back