List Mgmt. What Do We Need to Make Finals in 2022

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Improvement from both Sean Darcy and Lobb in the ruck. We are 15th for Clearances and 13th for hit outs. Simple put, we need to be a lot better in this area.

We were 17th for getting the ball into our forward 50, so this simple must improve. Clearances will help this, but we need to be better at rebounding the football as well.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Improvement from both Sean Darcy and Lobb in the ruck. We are 15th for Clearances and 13th for hit outs. Simple put, we need to be a lot better in this area.

We were 17th for getting the ball into our forward 50, so this simple must improve. Clearances will help this, but we need to be better at rebounding the football as well.
How much capacity for improvement do you see for Darcy, and for Lobb?

I think we almost deliberately degraded our clearance capacity this season by playing Fyfe less at the coal face and focussing on the new generation. What happens in 2021 will be interesting.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
How much capacity for improvement do you see for Darcy, and for Lobb?

I think we almost deliberately degraded our clearance capacity this season by playing Fyfe less at the coal face and focussing on the new generation. What happens in 2021 will be interesting.
Yeah it is more to do with the youth of our midfield. Mundy single handed shredded Adelaide when he fired up in the fourth quarter with mass clearances. And Fyfe was unusually quiet when he was put inside mid dunno if by design to let the younger mid get first hit to or what.

Darcy is also a part of this though and I think he is going to have a breakout year been smashing workouts in the off-season with other players on instagram.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Cerra looks a natural winger. His skills are better utilised on the outside.
Cerra is just a natural footballer, he looks good pretty much anywhere.

I don't think he is our long term wing option if JL wants more speed though.
I see him capable at playing both inside and outside. I would love Freo to recruit another player of his quality and skills

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

I think the speed is for the forward flanks / pockets more so than the wings; it is all about how quickly can we get behind the oppositions defence when the ball starts to move forward from the rebound?

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I see him capable at playing both inside and outside. I would love Freo to recruit another player of his quality and skills
I think Cox with Tabs must develop an understanding to take advantage or our outside run.
With Lobb/Darcy rotating ruck/forward.
You need a strong spine that needs to be respected, manned for the ball to be at advantage.
Our backline should win most one on ones, with our HB’s penetrating zones, you need to maintain structure forward of the ball.
Walker, Western, will be interesting to see where they fit in.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I think Cox with Tabs must develop an understanding to take advantage or our outside run.
You need a strong spine that needs to be respected, manned for the ball to be at advantage.
Our backline should win most one on ones, with our HB’s penetrating zones, you need to maintain structure forward of the ball.
Is it possible to get both Walker and western or will we be Lucky to get one of them?

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think the speed is for the forward flanks / pockets more so than the wings; it is all about how quickly can we get behind the oppositions defence when the ball starts to move forward from the rebound?
Nah around the ball is the biggest issue. None of our midfielders or wingers are quick. Andy is decent but we need line breaking from congestion and also out wide.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I can see Lobb, tabs and Cox fit in the same forward line. Even though some people on here Think it's a bit heavy.

I can see tabs or Cox or even both thrive as 2nd or 3rd talls when Lobb is FF.

It's not a bad structure.

Cox will be likely to get games as a CHF or CHB. And yes I can see him as a 30-35 goal a season forward with Freos structure.

Justin Longmuir has players to work with up forward. He just needs to find the right combination.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs

Cerra was the player who took the largest steps in the last few games this year IMO
I'm a huge Serong fan despite not wanting him pre-draft, & his first year was amazing, but for mine, those last few games Cerra started to win more one on one contests & then delivered beautifully, so him & Serong have me excited

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was a nice little pre-draft move. I'm sure it is NGA related, but also could provide some flexibility as the draft unfolds.
If there is no bid till after pick 32 for our NGAs it will be seen as a master stroke. We will have 2 picks in before W&W and no deficits for 2021

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Forwards, forwards and more forwards. This year's draft period is the moment we need to balance the list. We cannot afford to fail.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

Save that position for Clark when he joins us end of next season ;)

Back