C6E3418A-9480-4F60-80B1-84F6EDDD0EEA.png
    1 MB · Views: 161
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I like it. The Tiges made a similar, albeit 10-year plan, in 2010. Much derided at the time but I’m sure internally it sets a clear intention.

Well there's a main board thread on who will get a flag 1st between power, crows and dockers.

I was brutally honest on Freo. I don't see Freo getting a flag in this 2020s decade.

I see Freo having a 3 or 4 year run of finals with this current squad with 1 or 2 finals wins.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Huge possibility we'll be top 4 next year. Not sure how much damage we'll do finals time, but confident we make it and not just scrape in.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Huge possibility we'll be top 4 next year. Not sure how much damage we'll do finals time, but confident we make it and not just scrape in.
Only team that looks on thin ice is Geelong?
Very difficult to predict who the slider could be, but if we play finals it will be from 7-8th position.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
We still need 2 quality wingers. Hopefully we've got them, and they develop this coming year. Oh, and we still need a quality goal kicking small forward but I'm lead to believe that we'll get one in next year's draft.

Frigate

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Flags are elusive and very difficult. We had a chance against Hawks (2013). That game was terribly umpired and we missed many opportunities. With 18 teams all competing more than ever and an unfair system allowing teams to top up players with smaller contracts it certainly favors the richer clubs to keep at the top. Saying that, Freo are not at the bottom end in terms of money. Winning is a culture and I think we are on track.

I love the draft this year, and I really like our team...as mentioned a fit squad is essential. Looking at our list there is so much upside, but we need that to transpire into wins and momentum. We simply need to make the 8 2022. The re-build is complete post Pavlich (2016), and now we need wins. If we make the 8, there is a chance. For a WA team, the reality is top 4 to win a flag!

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Well there's a main board thread on who will get a flag 1st between power, crows and dockers.

I was brutally honest on Freo. I don't see Freo getting a flag in this 2020s decade.

I see Freo having a 3 or 4 year run of finals with this current squad with 1 or 2 finals wins.

I find it weird you’re so certain about it. Other than another couple of decent small to medium forwards, the list seems pretty balanced now. Just have to get the development and injury prevention right and if we can get into the top four then anything is up for grabs.

JBMAN

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I find it weird you’re so certain about it. Other than another couple of decent small to medium forwards, the list seems pretty balanced now. Just have to get the development and injury prevention right and if we can get into the top four then anything is up for grabs.

Well I think the list we now have is as good as any list we have had in terms of development and potential, this weeks announcement by the club should instill confidence for supporters and players alike. If we can't win a flag in the next 4 - 5 years, it's not going to happen in my life time. It's all about culture, developing the belief in getting better and winning the ultimate prize. No excuses now, none.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are still two years off from serious top four contention I'll say. That's how long it will take to develop our new draftees plus existing players like Walker, Clark, Chapman, Henry and Treacy.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Well I think the list we now have is as good as any list we have had in terms of development and potential, this weeks announcement by the club should instill confidence for supporters and players alike. If we can't win a flag in the next 4 - 5 years, it's not going to happen in my life time. It's all about culture, developing the belief in getting better and winning the ultimate prize. No excuses now, none.

Those strategic plans are more for internal use anyway, and I think you’re right, we’re as well placed now as we’ve ever been on and off the field. Hopefully it all comes together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
I think a constant, non score related theme in our losses, was losing contested ball and tackle counts. This won't be fixed by these draftees but we're on the right path. But making sure we're physically competitive around the contest and being able to stick tackles around the ground and in the forward line is an important step forwards. Our players are physically not quite there in general across the wings and middle. Henry is one that could make a huge difference to our fortunes due to the positions he plays, impacting the the scoreboard and applying forward pressure, both he was poor at last year.

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
The main thing we are going to need to push towards finals next season is just to keep a bit more of our best 22 on the park. Another year in an here's hoping that the new fistness guy can really start to have an impact. The new players will develop and eventually be ready to come in, but for now we need to work with keeping our established team (plus Brodie and Clark) on the field.

BigAlpha3

Senior List
Aug 16, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bucks, Crystal Palace
Serious question

Do you guys want me to change the title of the thread to “Operation: Premiership by 2025” to reflect the vision of the future of the club released this week… since discussion around the plans have filtered into here? Thus this thread can be a place where we discuss any future moves, ideas or predictions you have for the club going forward. Once the end of the 2025 season comes about some of you can easily look back on past discussions around this plan and how successful the club has become (fingers crossed).

If you lads want the change I’m happy to take title suggestions as well

Edit: You can still discuss finals, if that wasn’t clear

Last edited:

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Serious question

Do you guys want me to change the title of the thread to “Operation: Premiership by 2025” to reflect the vision of the future of the club released this week… since discussion around the plans have filtered into here? Thus this thread can be a place where we discuss any future moves, ideas or predictions you have for the club going forward. Once the end of the 2025 season comes about some of you can easily look back on past discussions around this plan and how successful the club has become (fingers crossed).

If you lads want the change I’m happy to take title suggestions as well

Edit: You can still discuss finals, if that wasn’t clear

I think both discussions can stand on their own, good thread ideas either way 👍

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
I don’t think this is a hard question. First of, we need a better run on injuries. Then quite simply, we need to ******* kick straight. That’s. It. Let’s not over think things y’all.

Every team in the comp kicked straighter! We are the only ones who had more behinds than goals. Here are the teams below us.

Crows 230 goals to 197 behinds.
Blues 250 to 201
Tigers 253 to 183
Hawks 239 to 145
Pies 225 to 166
Suns 201 to 180
Roos 210 to 154

Freo 219 to 220

Here’s the 6, 7, 8 teams (which is who we could replace in the top 8)

Swans 303 to 195
Dons 291 to 200
Giants 279 to 190

Here are the top 4:

Melbourne 323 to 242
Lions 333 to 222
Port 292 to 213
Cats 295 to 214

We’re a bit far off from the tippy top of the comp but not crazy far.

The last team to kick more behinds than goals was the AFL money pit (aka the GC Suns) in 2018 who finished 17th.

If these two things happen, we play finals 100% next year. Guaranteed. Shut the tread down. I need a whiskey after that hot take.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
That's a huge leap. I would be happy to get 7th or 8th in 2022.

Hell top 6 and a finals win would be a great achievement

Back