List Mgmt. What Do We Need to Make Finals in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm bullish that this could be a 2010 type year for us (hopefully more sound defensively)

i think that was the most enjoyable year I’ve had as a supporter…until that event that shall not be spoken of.

morabito, peak Pav, skinny Fyfe and Hill…ballas running amok…and Brownlow Barlow.

seeing Sandi smash that guy on the wing

to allow Morabito to go full length in the final against Hawthorn.

We won 10 last year with a very young side. We're going up and sooner than you think.
Well to finish top 4 would be a massive leap.

Yeah we won 10 games in 2021. You could of made a case Freo should of got 7th or 8th in 2021 over the likes of GWS or Essendon.

But let's be realistic on both ends on here.

Yeah, I can see Freo get 7th or 8th or possibly even get 6th and a home final if things fall Freos way and we capitalise on it.

Yet...... There's going to be 4 or 5 teams that will fight for the remaining 2 finals spots late in the season in 2022

1. Our 3-6 years players take the next step ie Brayshaw,Serong, Henry, Young, Clark, Sturt, Frederick, Cox, Logue, Darcy
2. Keep the injured players to moderate level
3. Score 2 more goals per game and reduce others teams goals by 1. 3 Goal turnaround.
I'm really keen on Sam Sturt getting a run of 4 or 5 dockers games in a row in 2022.

Gutted he did his knee in the preseason this time last season. So I will lower my expectations on a talented young bloke that has recovered from a knee injury.

Freo kicked on average on 10 goals a game in 2021. Essendon averaged like 76 points in attack or 11.10.76 on average a game and got a finals spot.

I look back in that 2012 season. Pavlich, Mayne, Walters and Ballantyne kicked the bulk of our goals.

I still remember clancee Pearce's stats in 2012 : 19.5 disposals a game and kicked 16 goals that year.

We need a fringe mid or 2 to do that

Just remember everyone thought the Eagles would slide in 2018😜
We also flogged them in a scratch match. Pre-season we were up and about.
I think it’s fuel to the fire, a motivational tool, don’t see how we
slide but stagnate is not out of the question.
Displacing the teams in the 8 would be a huge step up for the club.
Not impossible but plenty has to go right, and durability is one of them.

Just remember everyone thought the Eagles would slide in 2018😜
We also flogged them in a scratch match. Pre-season we were up and about.
I think it’s fuel to the fire, a motivational tool, don’t see how we
slide but stagnate is not out of the question.
Displacing the teams in the 8 would be a huge step up for the club.
Not impossible but plenty has to go right, and durability is one of them.
Doubt that clown Ralph has watched us play more than once the last 2 seasons.
In saying that, we need to make some significant headway this year. I’d see 13 victories in the home and away season as par. Lose more than 9 home and away games and I’d be disappointed.
Not expecting much from Brodie or Clark and I’d be very pleasantly surprised if both are still on the list in 2025, but I do have high hopes for significant organic growth from within the squad from the likes of Young, Henry, Logue, Brayshaw, Treacy and Serong.
Add a good debut season from one or two of the new draftees and we’d be in good shape then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm bullish that this could be a 2010 type year for us (hopefully more sound defensively)
I’m not disagreeing but I’ve felt like that for about 3 years now

I don’t think this is a hard question. First of, we need a better run on injuries. Then quite simply, we need to ******* kick straight. That’s. It. Let’s not over think things y’all.

Every team in the comp kicked straighter! We are the only ones who had more behinds than goals. Here are the teams below us.

Crows 230 goals to 197 behinds.
Blues 250 to 201
Tigers 253 to 183
Hawks 239 to 145
Pies 225 to 166
Suns 201 to 180
Roos 210 to 154

Freo 219 to 220

Here’s the 6, 7, 8 teams (which is who we could replace in the top 8)

Swans 303 to 195
Dons 291 to 200
Giants 279 to 190

Here are the top 4:

Melbourne 323 to 242
Lions 333 to 222
Port 292 to 213
Cats 295 to 214

We’re a bit far off from the tippy top of the comp but not crazy far.

The last team to kick more behinds than goals was the AFL money pit (aka the GC Suns) in 2018 who finished 17th.

If these two things happen, we play finals 100% next year. Guaranteed. Shut the tread down. I need a whiskey after that hot take.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Great post. it very well explain where are at and what to do to get to finals.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

i think that was the most enjoyable year I’ve had as a supporter…until that event that shall not be spoken of.

morabito, peak Pav, skinny Fyfe and Hill…ballas running amok…and Brownlow Barlow.

seeing Sandi smash that guy on the wing

to allow Morabito to go full length in the final against Hawthorn.

Yeah I think that final vs Hawthorn is still the most enjoyable day I've had at the footy (Didn't get to the 2013 PF)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back