What do we think of a 28R season with potentially 20 @ the G

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Stupid Q really , after not being able to see a bloody game all year , what’s not too like. Clearly with afl looking to rebuild finances ASAP they see a longer season adding cashola in broadcast REV and match day takings which should improve next year as season deepens . Also may be the bargaining chip for players retaining the current TPP and list sizes Only concession would be the 16min Q
Bring it on I say , fancy having a smorgasbord of 20 MCG games to choose from , sux to be us

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Stupid Q really , after not being able to see a bloody game all year , what’s not too like. Clearly with afl looking to rebuild finances ASAP they see a longer season adding cashola in broadcast REV and match day talkings which should improve next year as season deepens . Also may be the bargaining chip for players retaining the current TPP and list sizes Only concession would be the 16min Q
Bring it on I say , fancy having a smorgasbord of 20 MCG games to choose from , sux to be us
Would be better at 34 games then we have an even competition, the scats can play 17nat scat park so no more whinging

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Agree why go 28? Just go to 34. Makes it more even, no excuses about home ground advantages (Make sure it is true home ground, we play sydney at the G for once)
Absolutely especially if they reduce quarters like they are saying

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
If the ALPA play it right. List size reductions should be off the AFL table.
But it's a fluid situation.
Even if we go to 28 games,How many allowed in a ground?
That itself will impact memberships not taking into consideration peoples personal circumstances.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Only with full length quarters
If its a temporary measure to boost income with limited crowds, start at the start of March, squeeze in 25 rounds. First few weeks will be atrocious quality, but not dissimilar to the first few weeks back this year after the lockdown.
Most absolutely definitely won’t happen with full length Q

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
If the ALPA play it right. List size reductions should be off the AFL table.
But it's a fluid situation.
Even if we go to 28 games,How many allowed in a ground?
That itself will impact memberships not taking into consideration peoples personal circumstances.
I’ll go with by April it will be limited but as season goes it should continue to improve so if they went halfway point at 12 games then they could pack 16 R with larger crowds ,, makes a tonne of sense

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I’ll go with by April it will be limited but as season goes it should continue to improve so if they went halfway point at 12 games then they could pack 16 R with larger crowds ,, makes a tonne of sense

I reckon reduced crowds if any will still be there if there is no vaccine, what’s happening in the epl are they allowing crowds? I guess we will find out soon enough, and if they have reduced crowds who get to go ? Members? Walk ups?, ballot?

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Could be doable

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
I have a better idea.....

22 rounds
20 minutes qtrs
Full houses

FFS had enough of this s**t, open everything back up and let's get back on with it, if your scared stay home.

28 games at reduced qtrs will just reduce the comp to state level quality, teams are already going on fumes, Dimma himself said we were spent during the Freo game because of playing 4 games in 16 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I have a better idea.....

22 rounds
20 minutes qtrs
Full houses

FFS had enough of this sh*t, open everything back up and let's get back on with it, if your scared stay home.

28 games at reduced qtrs will just reduce the comp to state level quality, teams are already going on fumes, Dimma himself said we were spent during the Freo game because of playing 4 games in 16 days.
That doesn’t help clubs erode a massive debt that’s just been incurred And players retain TPP and list sizes , need to be inventive with means to increase revenue so try a little harder

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
I expect that by April we will at least have limited crowd that currently go interstate ,, as times goes by can only improve
By April everything will be back to normal when jobkeeper expires, MCG will want full houses after missing out in 2020 and if the Government denies them a crowd for cricket on Boxing Day then it will put pressure by the truck loads.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
That doesn’t help clubs erode a massive debt that’s just been incurred And players retain TPP and list sizes , need to be inventive with means to increase revenue so try a little harder
Put it this way, if I can't go to the footy in round 1 and bump shoulders with my fellow fan then Richmond will be refunding all the membership money I will have paid to up until that point.

I don't care about the AFL's or the clubs debt, I care about me and trust me I'm not the only one who is thinking like this either.

I put up with this crap for this year but do it again next year and i walk away from the game for good.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
By April everything will be back to normal when jobkeeper expires, MCG will want full houses after missing out in 2020 and if the Government denies them a crowd for cricket on Boxing Day then it will put pressure by the truck loads.
Who really knows at this point I’ll say no to full crowds in April but yea to limited , hearing mcc bloke they were working toward 25-50% capacity this year until lockdown II loomed large , here’s hoping for the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back