Prediction What do we want from Port in the final few games?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m keen to hear what people think about what we can achieve in our final games and what we should be aiming for. I don’t want this to turn into yet another sack Hinkley thread, just keen to see what people think.

A couple that come to mind:

• don’t rush Watts, Ebert, Wines or Burton back. Let them rehab and be ready for next year
  • Push for finals, anything less is unacceptable. Ie playing youth is not an excuse for losing.
  • Get Bonner and Houston into the midfield mix. I’m keen to see what Bonner could do on a wing/HFF.
  • Decide on Howard. Does he remain up front or move him down back?
  • Get Ladhams and Marshall in the side.
  • Sutcliffe doesn’t play again. Nothing against him. Our future doesn’t lie here.
A higher draft pick and Hinkley out.

As much as I want us to win every game, finishing 9th would be a ******* disaster.

A higher draft pick and Hinkley out.

As much as I want us to win every game, finishing 9th would be a ******* disaster.

Unfortunately that’s where I see us finishing.

Why is it young players get dropped after one game back and senior players get 10 opportunities to be shithouse?

Sep 18, 2011
here
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea / Ferrari F1
How these three haven’t played a minimum of 15 games each this season is absolutely baffling.
We say this every season about our players.
"How player X has played this amount of games over player Y is baffling."

How a player like Garner, who looked like a natural when he played, isn't getting a game because we're selecting players like Sutcliffe is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
senior players get 10 opportunities to be s**thouse
At what point should players to take personal responsibility for improving their skills by foot and by hand ?
The answer imo. When you put your hand out to take the money as a professional footballer.
We know who the serial offenders are and it's a damning indictment on Ken that our skills are as flakey as our results.

Why is it young players get dropped after one game back and senior players get 10 opportunities to be s**thouse?

Misplaced trust. It's the one thing that has hurt Ken's coaching (and credibility) the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately that’s where I see us finishing.

Why is it young players get dropped after one game back and senior players get 10 opportunities to be s**thouse?

5% of Justin "Where's Hoff?" is worth more than 500% of [insert unplayed rookie here]

Not more Cameron Sutcliffe at AFL level, that's for damn sure. As of right now, this 27 year old Fremantle delistee who we picked up in the midseason draft has played more games than Atley, as many games as Frampton and Ladhams, only one less game than Garner and only three less games than blue-chip KPF prospect Todd Marshall.

Every AFL team every year should either be contending for the current year's flag or pumping experience into talented youth in preparation for a tilt at a future flag. Outside of the big three draftees, we've spent 2019 doing neither. Absolute waste of a season.

Last edited:
Move Howard back, Broadbent as a 3rd tall defender doesn’t work.

Give an opportunity to any of Frampton, Ladhams, Garner, Woodcock, Marshall, Farrell, Drew if they deserve it (Hold off Hayes until next year)

Don’t play Ryder, Sutcliffe and Motlop. If Sam Gray is not going to be offered a new deal then get him out. Also just book Wines in for surgery.

Re-sign Amon, Ladhams, Frampton and Farrell please.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I want to win all 5 games and make finals. I want us to hit some consistent form and prove we are good enough. If we can build consistent form anything is possible.

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
WIN (2019)

Written & Directed by
Sylvester Stallone

Starring
Adrian Balboa as REH
The Italian Stallion as Ports Powaz
Mickey Goldmill as Every Ports Sh!tposter

Coming soon...

If Sutcliffe plays again I'm officially checked out.. so beyond caring basically.

I mentally checked out when he was named against Brisbane. I wanted so badly to be wrong but we're ****ed so long as Ken remains coach.

Back