What do you actually want from this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really "want" anything from the club. I am proud to have been able to call myself a supporter of this club over the past decade and a half. It's been an amazing period.

I understand that we can't win the premiership every year. All I expect is, if we can't win the flag, that we are taking action that will improve our ability to win a premiership in the future, because that's what we're here for. As long as we are always striving for success, the club will have my support.

Last edited:
Its proffessional tank. the season is gone, whats the point of finishing 9th. Tanking whole seasons i dont agree with but at this stage, we may aswell manage some senior players, get any off season surgeries out the way now so they are ready for pre season and get some games into kids

Stop sooking because we're not in the top 4 like we were every other season at this point, the season is not gone until we're mathematically out of contention. Until then there's no reason we shouldn't keep fighting for a finals spot. We want a culture to never give up, not one that tanks because we had a rough start to the season.

I want to watch one game just one where there is no VFL bias in commentary or on field with the umpires.......and I want to go through the rest of the year without reading one more post from a differnt board member about our historical success being because of academy or cola. That would be nice.

That would be impossible.....

Win more, lose less.

Kick heaps of goals. Beat the #sobrave Dishlickers and Hawforn.

Have the guts to drop Tippett and leave him in the twos and trade him for Nankervis.

Get some good food options in the Oreilly stand.

See AJ run out for a game or two.

Finish in front of Hawforn.

See Trump impeached.

Stop sooking because we're not in the top 4 like we were every other season at this point, the season is not gone until we're mathematically out of contention. Until then there's no reason we shouldn't keep fighting for a finals spot. We want a culture to never give up, not one that tanks because we had a rough start to the season.
Tanking is for s**t clubs. Always play to win!

I want Horse to punish players who are underperforming and/or playing like s**t every week.
I want Horse to support underperformimg players & help get the most out of them. Of course, if they aren't putting in then drop them but I think a supportive enviroment should be our first focus. Get them out of their slump & use their talent rather than punish them for god knows why they aren't performing.

The Fasolo thing this year & Bud's absence during that finals campaign really helped me again realise players are human like all of us. Sometimes support instead of punishment is the better option.

I want Horse to support underperformimg players & help get the most out of them. Of course, if they aren't putting in then drop them but I think a supportive enviroment should be our first focus. Get them out of their slump & use their talent rather than punish them for god knows why they aren't performing.

The Fasolo thing this year & Bud's absence during that finals campaign really helped me again realise players are human like all of us. Sometimes support instead of punishment is the better option.

They are human, but sometimes players need a rocket. The counterargument to what you're saying is that if we don't drop underperforming players, they can develop bad habits as there will be no negative consequences as a result of their poor form. Provide a supportive environment for sure, but it's a ruthless competition and there are times when tough calls need to be made.

Well punishment is the wrong word. But I genuinely believe John Longmire is the only coach in the AFL who will continue to allow players to under-perform and/or play like s**t just because they are stars. I agree they're all human, hence why I backed blokes like Parker and stuff even as late as that Carlton game to turn things around. But we're now at the half way point of the season, and Parker is yet to play a good game. Don't reply to me with his stats because he has had games where he's won a lot of the ball and done sweet FA with it. How can he be allowed to have games guaranteed every week even though his form has warranted the NEAFL? That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. It's fairness to all the members of the team, not this "runs on the board" crap that has epitomised Horse's coaching this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play Dawson. The kid is a gun from what I have seen and heard, and since we are not going to be making finals there is no harm in playing him. I also want to see Aliir get games, just to increase his experience so he can hit the ground running in 2018.

Well punishment is the wrong word. But I genuinely believe John Longmire is the only coach in the AFL who will continue to allow players to under-perform and/or play like s**t just because they are stars. I agree they're all human, hence why I backed blokes like Parker and stuff even as late as that Carlton game to turn things around. But we're now at the half way point of the season, and Parker is yet to play a good game. Don't reply to me with his stats because he has had games where he's won a lot of the ball and done sweet FA with it. How can he be allowed to have games guaranteed every week even though his form has warranted the NEAFL? That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. It's fairness to all the members of the team, not this "runs on the board" crap that has epitomised Horse's coaching this year.
The Swans reward effort over form. Parker's form has been a little low but his effort has still been there.

Additionally whoever you Drop Parker for has to provide more value than Parker. Show me the current mid in the NEAFL who you know will provide more than Parker?

Parker isn't getting a free ride, he's still best 22 despite his poor form

Double like!

Is he picking players on reputation or is it simply a case of our depth players not being capable of coming in and bettering the output of the player being dropped? Like you say, Parker has underperformed this year, usually gets his 20 odd disposals but mostly in packs and hasn't been able to get involved in damaging plays. But if we drop him and bring in say Brandon Jack or Jordan Foote, could we rely on them to effectively play their role at senior level or would they just be a bigger liability?

It would achieve very little to, for instance, drop Parker for Foote/Jack one week, then bring him back the next after he gets 40 in the NEAFL and his replacement plays a shocker. Teams like the Bulldogs who drop players like Stringer/Boyd actually have good enough depth to bring in and cover them sufficiently.

I would like supporters to stop telling supporters to stop telling supporters how to support the club.... :p

Id like you to get me a grilled cheese sandwhich

Is he picking players on reputation or is it simply a case of our depth players not being capable of coming in and bettering the output of the player being dropped? Like you say, Parker has underperformed this year, usually gets his 20 odd disposals but mostly in packs and hasn't been able to get involved in damaging plays. But if we drop him and bring in say Brandon Jack or Jordan Foote, could we rely on them to effectively play their role at senior level or would they just be a bigger liability?

It would achieve very little to, for instance, drop Parker for Foote/Jack one week, then bring him back the next after he gets 40 in the NEAFL and his replacement plays a shocker. Teams like the Bulldogs who drop players like Stringer/Boyd actually have good enough depth to bring in and cover them sufficiently.

That is true RE our depth hurting our ability to rotate players in and out of the side. But Parker is not going to miraculously get better unless he has a rocket launched up his arse. That can only come from being dropped. I just don't think you can justify someone playing so horribly below their standard for 22 games without giving, I don't know, a Dawson or an Edwards or a Fox a decent chance. It's a risk but I genuinely think it's a risk that needs to be taken if a) Parker is going to rediscover his best form and b) our depth players are to improve their value at senior level. I think one of the reasons our depth is so poor is because kids/reserves players come in to the senior side, we lose one game, and then they're dropped again, because Horse doesn't hold the stars accountable. Earlier this year Horse actually said the senior blokes were more responsible for our losses than the kids, but he still then dropped Aliir, Newman, Florent etc.

He just doesn't have the guts to change the side up and face the prospect of going into a game without one of his stars. In a season where the team's doing well and have our mojo, you can afford to wait around for a star to get back to his best, but this season's been a disaster and Horse hasn't been willing to make any courageous calls at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back