What do you do and how much do you make?

Remove this Banner Ad

Work in disability (on the ground floor, not in An office) 55-60k pa that would include all weekend most weeks. It's not bad but could/should be better.

You guys deserve a lot more than that. I earn over double that and have no doubt your work is a lot tougher than what I do.
Thanks mate. It is better than when I first started earning 21k as an 18 yr old

Operator @ iron ore port $140K with super and bonus. Also get power and water subsidies.

Have to agree about the teachers. Know several and they are by far the biggest whingers about their job of all my friends. Maybe it's justified, i don't know i'm not a teacher. Then again i have 2 kids and if i had to look after 30 i too would probably feel the need to vent my spleen often.
teachers are i have 7 in my family they have so much time off but always wine about their pay. its a pretty general thing across the government work force.

what roster are you on for that kind of money.
ive recently made the move to wa from qld. the coal to the iron ore, couldn't stand the iron ore, the attitude from more of the people, supervisors to management are more busy trying to make your life miserable than let you just do your job, plus the pay isnt that flash & cannot take your phone on site:huh: am currently in the gold, pay is crap but the site culture is far better than the iron ore

teachers are i have 7 in my family they have so much time off but always wine about their pay. its a pretty general thing across the government work force.

what roster are you on for that kind of money.
ive recently made the move to wa from qld. the coal to the iron ore, couldn't stand the iron ore, the attitude from more of the people, supervisors to management are more busy trying to make your life miserable than let you just do your job, plus the pay isnt that flash & cannot take your phone on site:huh: am currently in the gold, pay is crap but the site culture is far better than the iron ore

5 on 5 off, 4 on 5 off, 5 on 4 off. Residential.

sounds like you were on a pretty s**t site, no phone restrictions here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 on 5 off, 4 on 5 off, 5 on 4 off. Residential.

sounds like you were on a pretty s**t site, no phone restrictions here.
im in the work shot & they like to run them as concentration camps at the moment, FMG and rio are no phone policies, they put you on the plain the next day if your caught.
for all the crap they push for safety, fatigue & mental health all they are really is trying to cover them self for liabilities

Last edited:
I would love a month on/month off job even 6 months on/ 6 months off etc
i've done a 16 week stint in africa once?
a lot of those offshore jobs are like 3 weeks on 3 off 3 on 6 off, your at home far more often then at work but you need to know some one high up to get s job on them
i currently do a 7 on 7 off days for 120k thats the lowest paid gig ive done in years (hourly rate)
but still a good lifestyle roster

Last edited:
Well that makes more sense!

Genuine question. Given the quite short turn arounds and the amount of flying, would you prefer to do say say 7 and 7 or 8 and 8?
I'm residential bro. No FIFO for me.

im in the work shot & they like to run them as concentration camps at the moment, FMG and rio are no phone policies, they put you on the plain the next day if your caught.
for all the crap they push for safety, fatigue & mental health all they are really is trying to cover them self for liabilities
I am with Rio in Dampier, 8 and half years now. We can use our phones as much as we like.

I reckon Month on Month off is too much, 28 days in a row is a long long time! My ultimate is 2 on 2 off. Current 7 and 7 is pretty good though!

2/2 is way to short, I did 4/4 for about 15 years, then 3 on, 3 off, 3 on & 6 off for about 4 years. I now run my own business and work whatever roster/period is required to complete the contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back