Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
• The game is close in the last quarter

• We lose a close game

Interested to know how people handle it.

Last nights match I was in public so had to restrain my self from throwing anything.

As Freo kicked that goal to hit the lead I crouched down beside the pool table with my head in my hands.

When the siren went I calmly walked out to the front of the Palace Hotel & yelled F***! into the night.

Could see it coming the whole last quarter this time though, so wasn't quite as upsetting as the Bulldogs loss. Just draining.

Was out with people at the time, but when non north supporters claimed we had it sown, I made sure that they knew all is not as it seems when following the blue and white.

I got extremely mad after Geelong, gut wrenched after the dogs, but this one was far too predictable to wrangle any deep emotion. From there I aimed to put it out of my mind and enjoyed the rest of the night. The other games I thought about until the Wednesday or the Thursday of that week.

Stayed seated in my seat didn't say a word to my girlfriend for a good 10-15mins. Complete silence, avoided going on social media because I knew the barrage of 'memes' the club will cop.

Hurts just as much now as it did in round 2.

Ready to cop another annual beating from the suns.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

7955f419ee4facb0f412c1221ebe7bb5.jpg

Or we do this

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Smile knowingly to my wife and say "I told you it was the right decision to cash out when we did."

Edit: Then grimace when she retorts "You said Freo can't score two goals in four minutes. It's Freo. You bloody jinxed us."

I took off my headphones and smashed them into my desk extremely violently, then screamed *!!!!!!! at the top of my voice.

Luckily I didn't wake my daughters or the missus might have shot me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game. Walking down the flight of stairs at Subiaco i threw my game day budget as hard as I could onto the ground. Then had to restrain myself for the next 1/2 hour from belting some Fremantle campaigner! All the while feeling my phone vibrate from the constant barrage of messages..... some from ******* WC supporters.... That really shits me

Foxtel remote in tatters fragments everywhere after Kersten goal was kicked.
But the most infuriating loss was when Naitanui took that mark and goaled after the siren after we'd dominated all night in Perth. that was hard to take
Try being at both of those games....

I was at the game. Walking down the flight of stairs at Subiaco i threw my game day budget as hard as I could onto the ground. Then had to restrain myself for the next 1/2 hour from belting some Fremantle campaigner! All the while feeling my phone vibrate from the constant barrage of messages..... some from ******* WC supporters.... That really shits me
Mate it took me and my three loyal True North Believers (aged 17, 14 & 12) a good 10-15 minutes to compose ourselves enough to get out of our seats. We just literally did not have the energy.

I turned my phone off because I had to drive home and knew it would be a recipe for disaster to be checking it, whilst angry and gutted, whilst I was behind the wheel. Did get one text from a neighbour who is a Dockers supporter but a good bloke, offering to have a stiff drink waiting for me when we arrived home. (Offer accepted, TVM.)

And yeah in my experience however bad some Freo fans get, Eagles supporters take it to their own special level. Frequently clueless about football, fair weather fans, and soft as butter when the going gets a bit tough. Or all of the above.

Instantly turned off the TV and me and the missus sat in silence for 30 mins on the couch. I read some bigfooty (only our board) but the constant bickering of people who can't see the big picture put me off so I had a drink and played some games (for anyone who likes games I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles and it's an absolute ripper, took my mind off the s**t game versus the Purple Shits)

Oh and text my good North mate who barely speaks to me besides North games lol

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back