What do you find exciting about 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Heeney Hewett and JPK all playing limited games last season probably won't happen again. Also if the extra development (and hopefully improved form!) of our young kids like Florent Rowbottom and Stephens comes along nicely we could see an improved midfield performance which could get us to finals imo.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've got a better chance of winning second prize in a beauty contest and receiving $10
Anyone can win 2nd prize in a beauty contest given the right type of competition, ie, a contest with only two entrants. Not so sure about the $10 but I expect a few Swans fans would chip if it helps us win the 2021 GF.

Anyone can win 2nd prize in a beauty contest given the right type of competition, ie, a contest with only two entrants. Not so sure about the $10 but I expect a few Swans fans would chip if it helps us win the 2021 GF.

Hamish Blake once won a strong man competition because he was the only one that turned up in his weight category.

Just rewatched the Rnd 8 Hawks match. I almost felt sorry for Clarko (then he had another dickhead rant). I've always said Mitchell was vastly over-rated with the ball in hand and that game really showed his weaknesses. At some point Mitchell worked out that handballing into your teammates's back gave him more possessions than kicking the ball to a teammate and was the best way to a Brownlow. Florent has more impact on games. Rowbum's way better. Hawks now have a bunch of mids who know how to gather the ball but can't use it well enough to have much real impact. Our disposal that game was way sharper and improved as the ground got wetter, while theirs went to pieces. Foxxy towelled up their B&F Gunston with 10 v 4 effective disposals and 0 marks inside 50. I'm looking forward to more of Foxxy dashing through opposition players, weaving and dodging before delivering a pass, lace out to a team-mate's chest, or saving a certain goal with his speed and endurance. Foxxy's becoming a complete package with his spot in the 22 cemented. Now to set him free with confidence. I predict all-Australian honours within the next few years for the Foxxy Tasmanian.

I'm looking forward to watching our young Swans take down an ageing Hawks side as they struggle to hit the side of a barn while our dead-eyed dicks thread the eye of a needle from 50m to make full use of the corridor. Clarko has very limited experience in young player development. The core players of his three-peat team were mostly drafted in years before Clarko took the reigns or were picked up as oven-ready players from other clubs. He doesn't really do development. Meanwhile the Hawks are paying a lot of money for ageing list blockers or under-producing stars. At some point Clarko will have to go to the well and learn how to fill a bucket. I'm hoping their bottom coincides with our peak again, like in 05-07 with four utter beltings in just three years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back