Is Buckley A Good Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The senior coach is an important club figure and a legitimate topic of discussion. It's fair to do so and everyone has a right to express their view.

The mod team observed that the thread was dominated by a few protagonists and their points were repeated i.e. 8 years of regression vs marked improvement in 17,18 etc Pretty much everyone with a strong opinion has already expressed it here.

What further degraded discussion was the simplistic "sack FIGJAM" or "he's a legend" type posts.

This thread will remain open. If your view has slightly shifted or you have new thoughts please share. In an effort to encourage quality discussion repetitive statements and circular arguments will from now on be deleted as will silly posts suggesting that we sack a coach on match-day.

FYI Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5

Last edited:
Happy for you to challenge my facts or logic - no need for you to be disparaging because you chose to do neither.
Go away. We are an unwatchable football team . You make no sense at all . Do you seriously want us to keep playing like this.

It's official Spin Doctor. Your mate Bucks is the worst coach in the AFL, the administration btw have no idea what the answer is. You either work for the club and are trying to save your job or have no idea. please go away from this forum
Your post is full of hyperbole with no substance to back up your view. You offer nothing of worth. Post something credible that we can discuss.

i think I’ve made it clear, from the post above, many BF supporters want Buckley gone. His last 2 years have been very good, Scott and Hinkley are safe despite worse records.
So Buckley deserves to see out his contract.
I’m not going to speculate on Clarko, because I don’t think he’s leaving Haw at this point.
If memory serves he maybe out of contract at the same time as Buckley, so there will be huge pressure on Buckley to perform given Clarko could be viable an option at that time.

Thanks, now that wasn't that hard now, was it? And just for the record, I've always been a big supporter of Bucks (and indeed all things Collingwood) so my please don't lump me in the BF people who want him gone! I just think his method (game plan), his choice of assistants and his selection decisions are becoming more and more questionable as this weird season goes on. Those things coupled with a supposed opportunity to obtain Clarkson at a time when we have so many under utilised attacking options, sort of speaks to me saying "perhaps" this may be the time to switch coaches.

Just for another record, if you think Geelong hasn't done their due diligence on Clarko and "Scotts safe" you'd be wrong!

I'm completely done with him now. Was hoping he'd get sacked as part of the 2017 review, but was sadly disappointed. Thought the 2018 GF appearance was a fluke. Imagine if we'd won that and were here now. Bucks would have gotten a 10 year extension, lol.

Anyone would be better. Go after Mitchell, or Caracella, or anyone. ANYONE

You won't get Mitchell.. Cara's a good one though. He Attacks!

Thanks, now that wasn't that hard now, was it? And just for the record, I've always been a big supporter of Bucks (and indeed all things Collingwood) so my please don't lump me in the BF people who want him gone! I just think his method (game plan), his choice of assistants and his selection decisions are becoming more and more questionable as this weird season goes on. Those things coupled with a supposed opportunity to obtain Clarkson at a time when we have so many under utilised attacking options, sort of speaks to me saying "perhaps" this may be the time to switch coaches.

Just for another record, if you think Geelong hasn't done their due diligence on Clarko and "Scotts safe" you'd be wrong!

No I didnt consider you with the others - your views are balanced.
What do you know about Clarko and Geel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 registered scores in a half of footy against 18th. A new low after the Sydney and Freo games.

Even given our outs today, over the last 4 games we’ve failed to execute a structured game plan. Alarm bells for Buckley.

One issue Bucks teams really have is the inability to shut down the last few minutes of a quarter. This team also just can't will itself over in the close ones.

With MAlthouse we always seemed to just lift-how many loses under Buckley have been within 1-2 kicks. It's very frustrating

Redeveloped us as a defense first outfit, with slower ball movement. Which inhibited our scoring but saw us restrict sides to low scores earlier this season.

Now? This side is conceding more entries, more efficient entries, and bigger scores. All while still not being able to score.

I’m absolutely convinced that Buckley doesn’t know what a genuine, sustainable winning formula looks like. It’s all guesswork right now. I can’t even tell you what our game plan is, and it looks like the players don’t know either. This despite playing 3 bottom 4 teams, and Melbourne, in what was a good chance to develop some sort of plan or cohesion.

Buckley isn’t the man to take this list that the top 2-3 sides in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back