NFL What Do You Want for Your Team in 2009?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey folks, now that the regular season has come and gone, its time for 20 teams to look forward to 2009. What do you want for your team next season (player wise)??

Here's mine for Tampa Bay.....remembering we have the 2nd most amount of cap space.

1/ A new QB- One of Tony Romo, Matt Cassel, Michael Vick** will do thanks....
2/ A big run stuffing DT- Haynesworth please!!
3/ Ronde Barber and Derrick Brooks to retire. Talib and June to tale their place
4/ A new OC. One that will call players longer than 4 yards in 3rd and long situations.
5/ Resign Antonio Bryant NOW!! and have a big go at TJ Housh.
6/ A full fit and firing Cadillac.......please!!!!!!!!

** Big call but we have a good record with turning blokes around and there is no bigger upside than M.Vick.

Over you you guys!!

Hey folks, now that the regular season has come and gone, its time for 16 teams to look forward to 2009. What do you want for your team next season (player wise)??

Here's mine for Tampa Bay.....remembering we have the 2nd most amount of cap space.

1/ A new QB- One of Tony Romo, Matt Cassel, Michael Vick** will do thanks....
2/ A big run stuffing DT- Haynesworth please!!
3/ Ronde Barber and Derrick Brooks to retire. Talib and June to tale their place
4/ A new OC. One that will call players longer than 4 yards in 3rd and long situations.
5/ Resign Antonio Bryant NOW!! and have a big go at TJ Housh.
6/ A full fit and firing Cadillac.......please!!!!!!!!

** Big call but we have a good record with turning blokes around and there is no bigger upside than M.Vick.

Over you you guys!!

So, you want almost every top free agent on the market?

Starting small i see.

For the Eagles, i want the same thing ive wanted every year. A #1 reciever.

Starting small i see.

You can have TO back STO!!! :p

Starting small i see.

Not every one southern, just a select few!!

We have sat on our hands for too long come this time of year. We have a ton of cap room and should spend it. We haven't won a playoff game since the SB win. That says enough for me.

We are in desperate need of a franchise passer. That has to be priority # 1. Our collapse down the stretch was due to our run D. Haynesworth would be a great addition but if not, we need to draft one. If we can land a QB, AB should resign but we still need a viable threat across the field with Michael Clayton (useless) on his way out the door and Dexter Jackson already a bust. TJ is the best available, why not make a run at him?

I would love Michael Vick to be a Buc. He has too much talent to be out of the league (like AB showed this year), and I feel with the right handling, he could be one of the great stories of 2009/10.

For KC:

1. Lose Huard and Croyle. Get another decent QB to compete with Thigpen for the starting role.

2. Continue the development/improvement of the O line

3. The rumour is LJ wants out. I'd like KC to change his mind even if that means bye bye Herm

4. A solid defence

I would love Michael Vick to be a Buc. He has too much talent to be out of the league (like AB showed this year), and I feel with the right handling, he could be one of the great stories of 2009/10.

I believe that Vick does deserve a second chance. Yeah he severely ****ed up and almost destroyed the franchise but if he has truly learned his lessons and comes out of it a better person I see no reason why he can't come back.

Just don't get your hopes up about seeing him as a full time qb. If and when he does come back he would most likely be used as some sort of "trick" player and we'd see him line up in a sort of wildcat package that the Dolphins used so effectively this season. He can't make all the throws that a qb needs to make so he will not be looked at as a feature passer anywhere.

Oh and what do I want for the Falcons next season? A big, run stuffing DT (Haynesworth), a starter at OLB to replace Brooking if he retires (Suggs) and some help in the secondary...particularly at SS because I don't think Lawyer Milloy is gonna be around much longer. DEFENSE DEFENSE AND MORE DEFENSE is what the Falcons should be focussing on during the off season.

*The two guys in brackets are the guys who we reportedly have our sights on in the free agent market. Don't think it would be possible to sign both so I'll just take Haynesworth thank you very much :D

11sjw - you think the Chiefs will trade Gonzales this offseason? Philly were pretty keen before the trade deadline and I can see him ending up there. McNabb desperately needs some more weapons to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. A competent edge rusher to complement AK74. Throw some bucks at Julius Peppers if he's not Franchised (yeah, right)
2. A LBer who can cover the TE and RB (not at the same time, but if he can, even better), to leave the Stormin Mormon to backup the WILL possie.
3. A healthy O-Line.
4. A punter who can punt more than 30yds when we're backed up anywhere near our own GL.

Give me those, and we'll play in the Superbowl.

Seattle Seahawks

#1 Game Breaking WR ( Crabtree from TexTech, Maclin from Mizzou or Heyward-Bey from Maryland.

#2 Secondary Help SS, FS, CB. We got torched this year

#3 OT, LG Walter Jones is getting old time for a replacement.

#4 QB, RB. Julius Jones is overrated, Hasslebeck is on the downside of his career now.

Bengals - a whole new team would be good.

I know this will sound strange given our defense this year, but what I want more than anything else is performance from players that have gone backwards over the past 12 months.

Do that and most of our problems will be solved.

A new DC would help but I wouldn't change for change sake. If a proven coach can be found then so be it but I wouldn't be changing systems to an unproven coach. I don't think our D problems are all on Gibbs.

What we do need personnel wise is talent at pretty much at every defensive position. If not solid starters, players that can at least perform for a series or two a game. Especially the secondary. If McKenzie & Porter stand up they'll be serviceable, that however is a big doubt and even if they do we clearly need more talent there. At both safety positions we need an upgrade and depth.

We have a lot of money tied up at DE and that's the position where the opposite is true in terms of starters and depth. With a 4 week penalty hanging over both starters (and potentially other legal problems for Grant), it wouldn't surprise me if this is the position we focus on other than the obvious problems with the secondary.

On offense, the only realy need is for a genuine short yardage back. It wouldn't surprise me to see Deuce back but it would surprise me less if he wasn't. Stecker must be on shaky ground too. Both are too injury prone these days to be relied upon (sadly). I suspect we'll go after a FA to fill this need.

Pleased to see we seem to have finally fixed our punting and kicking problems too. One offseason need we can forget which has been a nagging problem for the past couple of off-seasons.

1. The continued development of Joe Flacco. If he can continue on the same upward rise he could be anything in this league.
2. A young CB to take over from the ageing starters Rolle and McAllister. Asomugha would be lovely, but its a pipe dream. God imagine that kind of cover corner with that pass rush! :D
3. A big strong 6'3"+ WR to complement the speedier Mason and Clayton, ideally given where we will be picking, the local Maryland product Darrius Heyward-Bey. TJ Houshmandzadeh is a UFA, unlikely we will go after him given our history but one can hope.
4. Resign UFA Ray Lewis and T-Sizzle, Ray is the heart and soul of the team and Suggs is a key component of the leagues most confusing pass rush. These two LBs are key, Scott will most likely leave.
5. Resign Jason Brown, one of the best young linemen in the league.

oh i forgot, i'd love Seattle to fire Jim Mora and go chase after Bill Cowher.
Don't be surprised if Michael Vick goes to Seattle with Mora there.

Personally I want Crabtree, but our team needs an LT like Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe. Then we can move Henderson to RT and our O-Line may actually function well. Then we get a WR. Drafting one would be preferable, but i wouldn't argue with getting TJ.
I would have said a whole new coaching staff, but considering our last two games of the season I am a little unsure. Ideally we get Holmgren or Cowher, but if it's between Cable and some new guy, I'd stick with Cable. (Can't believe i'm saying that)

For the 49ers:

• Jed York to have Uncle Eddie on speed dial for advice.
  • Shaun Hill to be signed for a minimum three year deal.
  • An OC that will stick around for more than a year.
  • John and Denise York to become addicted to WOW so they don't stick their noses in day to day business.
  • Do not overpay for free agents.
  • Draft priority needs as follows (we should have 9 picks with compensation for 2009):
1 - Pass rushing defensive end.
2 - Offensive Tackle.
3 - Defensive tackle.
4 - Free safety.
5 - Corner back.
6 - Fullback.
7 - Offensive Guard.
8 - Quarterback.
9 - Best available project player.
And finally, make the playoffs.

For the Jags:

- wideouts that can catch the ball
- assuming Fred Taylor is out the door, a RB to backup MJD
- Albert Haynesworth or another run stopper
- a healthy O-line
- some help for Rashean Mathis in the secondary
- more people to turn up to our games.

arakaan may have some more to add to this.

For Falcons.

in 2009 (Jan)

1. Wild Card victory
2. Divisional Round victory
3. NFC Champions

2009 (feb)

1. Superbowl victory.

2009 (offseason)

A TE.
and 1 or 2 defensive stars.

2009 season

16-0