Opinion What do you want from 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than Dickson, every player that might be playing forward this year to stay behind after training and kick 100 balls from set shots :devil:

I personally still think finals is a possibility. 2 rounds into the season. Remember Sydney last year? I still live in hope. If we get our fight back, our ability to win clearances, then we are a chance.

I'm setting my expectations REALLY low here ... I just want the list to stay together, at least the top-end of it.

I don't want the club to became the basket case it was at the end of 2014 and several times over the previous 50 years.
I don't want our most precious assets - the players we can build a future around - walking out of the club because it's in disarray or because they can't stand the coach or some toxic element in their midst. Or traded. (We'd need to get some really magic beans in return).

To be more specific, these are the players I'm talking about. Even a few of these are marginal:
Young, Wallis, Bont, Dunks, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Crozier, Wood, Macrae, Cordy, McLean, Richards, Libba, Adams, Naughton, Daniel, JJ, English

I'm setting my expectations REALLY low here ... I just want the list to stay together, at least the top-end of it.

I don't want the club to became the basket case it was at the end of 2014 and several times over the previous 50 years.
I don't want our most precious assets - the players we can build a future around - walking out of the club because it's in disarray or because they can't stand the coach or some toxic element in their midst. Or traded. (We'd need to get some really magic beans in return).

To be more specific, these are the players I'm talking about. Even a few of these are marginal:
Young, Wallis, Bont, Dunks, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Crozier, Wood, Macrae, Cordy, McLean, Richards, Libba, Adams, Naughton, Daniel, JJ, English

Same for me DW. If Bont left the club I probably wouldn't watch footy for years. As long as we hold onto all those boys then the future still looks bright, even if we get smashed every week because the other half of the team arent up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about instead of tearing everyone down who has a different opinion to you you just leave them alone to put forward their opinion because, you know, it's an internet forum and we don't live in Nazi Germany

The irony of what you just said will be so far over your head it is laughable. In a non “nazi” world everyone is allowed their opinion GOOD AND BAD so best head to your safe corner for the day and push ignore on good old MD coz I will say what I want and if you don’t like it then ..... meh :)

Properly develop the younger players showing potential by ensuring enough quality experience is around each line.

Ensure our midfield is as strong as possible with the Bont, and the 2 Mac's playing most time in there. Win the midfiled less pressure on backs allowing them to develop faster.

Quality wins in the midfield better connections to the forward line allows them to develop quicker

I personally still think finals is a possibility. 2 rounds into the season. Remember Sydney last year? I still live in hope. If we get our fight back, our ability to win clearances, then we are a chance.
I think if anything our season will be similar to Hawthorn last year. Remember they were getting the life beaten out of them in the opening rounds while their defence was dismantled with injuries, only for their s**t together late and finished 12th.

I want one player to step up and take the reigns as our defensive general.

I believe it is the number one reason why we are struggling at the moment and have been since Boyd retired.
No one is marshaling the troops behind play and our defensive set up is crumbling.

Wood might be a good leader but is a see ball get ball player, and the rest of our backline seem to lack the confidence to be THE guy.
I am hoping that Crozier or Trengove can step up to the plate because otherwise we are waiting for someone like Richards or Naughton which could be a long wait.

I want to get to the end of the season safe in the knowledge that Bevo has
squeezed the lemon dry, tried all reasonable options and has a list of
which players have been good or bad for santa. At the moment the only
two names on my list are Jackson Macrae and Lachie Hunter, but we are
only two games in and this rollercoaster must go up eventually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back