What do you want from the caretaker coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Say we get a caretaker tomorrow. 5 weeks to go. What do you want from them?

1. Expect to win. Go your hardest to win 5 games and make finals. Pick the kids when warranted (which is obviously more than Ken) but go for the wins primarily.

2. Play the kids. Forget about wins and go into full development mode. Play as many kids as possible and look to the future. If we make the finals with maximum kids in then great but it's not the priority.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the reigns off the boys and let them play. Rockliff's half time interview was telling of what they are told to do. Let them play, keep Dixon deep forward, play some of the kids and have a crack.

We wouldn't be expecting miracles, just for some optimism and hope, as all of it has been Hinkley'd out of nearly all members and supporters.

I want to see a two tall forward set up featuring precisely zero ruckman, KPDs or Westhoffs. I don't want to see Dixon further than 70 from goal. Frampton or Marshall to roam. And I'd like to see at least two actual small forwards in the forward line. No repurposed mids or midget pressure machines.

I'd like a midfield selected for balance. No more than 2 bulls. IDGAF if that means we leave someone on coin in the SANFL, we don't double down on poor list management with s**t selection. Within the bounds of the necessary team balance, everyone picked on form, whether you are a zero or 200 gamer.

That'd do me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back