Mod. Notice What do you want to see on the Geelong Board in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be an age thing, my parents do the same thing, skip the match and watch the replay if we win. On a personal level I feel that being nervous and anxious over the result before and during the game adds to the experience, when I miss watching the game live and watch a replaying knowing the results I feel a lot less passionate about the game then I would otherwise (replays of our grand final wins are excluded.)
I don't do it habitually yet- still attended most possible Victorian games except Coll, Carlton and the Hawks final. Once at the game, it's fine.

Mind you, i think those of us that lived through the Dark Ages are more analytical and reasonable by nature any how.

Agreed.

Just wish that I had chosen the path of objectivity and reasoned analysis for myself rather than having it thrust upon me by what seemed like the capricious careering between joy and (often) sorrow that came with following the Cats through that time.;)

Agreed.

Just wish that I had chosen the path of objectivity and reasoned analysis for myself rather than having it thrust upon me by what seemed like the capricious careering between joy and (often) sorrow that came with following the Cats through that time.;)

Same, but with age comes wisdom.......and hindsight.

What is said on match day stays on matchday and never to be repeated away from match day or to be use against said poster?/
I like that.
Match day threads generally see a white line fever type of poster where pure passion and emotion flow through my the hand to the keyboard... it's natural.

Not so sure about it being 'entertaining' sometimes.

Often felt embarrassed by the behaviour tbh.
Match day threads are the worst threads on this board, literally where common sense and logic go to die.

If I'm watching from home I'll occasionally skim them at the breaks and always wonder why i bother.

When i am at the game fortunately for my sanity I get too caught up watching positioning, movement etc as well as the ball and don't even look at my phone pretty much the whole time...and then certainly don't even consider reading them back after the game.

Match day threads are the worst threads on this board, literally where common sense and logic go to die.

If I'm watching from home I'll occasionally skim them at the breaks and always wonder why i bother.

When i am at the game fortunately for my sanity I get too caught up watching positioning, movement etc as well as the ball and don't even look at my phone pretty much the whole time...and then certainly don't even consider reading them back after the game.
I have never looked at BF during a match we are at; in fact, I struggle to ever do it on my mobile.

I have never looked at BF during a match we are at; in fact, I struggle to ever do it on my mobile.
Yep same. Not the mobile bit, I probably do most of my posting via mobile .. but never at a game.
I'll jump on my phone at the breaks to touch base and see how the home front is and that's it (and normally that's a struggle enough network wise)

Yeah......I venture in knowing I shouldn't, then wonder why I did, when experience tells me what to expect.

'If you keep doing what you've always done you'll always get what you always got'

Not to mention there's no internet reception at Kardinia Park.

Telstra hasn't reached KP?
I'm sure have made and received calls there.
I've never had internet reception there before with Telstra for some strange and unknown reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never had internet reception there before with Telstra for some strange and unknown reason.

They simply don't have enough bandwidth supplied to the ground to cater for 20k+ instantaneously trying to connect at once. MCG had similar problems until they had cell towers inserted into the stadium itself. KO needs something similar to gain reception, particularly with capacity increasing.

They simply don't have enough bandwidth supplied to the ground to cater for 20k+ instantaneously trying to connect at once. MCG had similar problems until they had cell towers inserted into the stadium itself. KO needs something similar to gain reception, particularly with capacity increasing.
Time we started some action in this matter.

Time we started some action in this matter.
Nah it isn't important

People need to be watching the footy when at the footy not looking at their phones!

The best thing about the Match Day thread, apart from the lulz, is to read through it after the game is over and see opinions on players swing wildly from "total spud ..he should be dropped"...to....:Yesssss...the kids a star. Will win a Brownlow one day..."

Hilarious.

Makes catching up with you at half time difficult though! Smoke signals from the outer wing could work.
But we have never communicated by BF at the footy!!I should have added texts as essentials!

Nah it isn't important

People need to be watching the footy when at the footy not looking at their phones!
There's the breaks which would come in handy for checking other results, SC scores etc.

There's the breaks which would come in handy for checking other results, SC scores etc.

Yep and team/player statistics is one area I usually try to access at each break. Handy to see those when you dont have a TV broadcast to give them to you.

my post was largely tongue in cheek, naturally a better network is needed at the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back