Mod. Notice What do you want to see on the Geelong Board in 2018?

Post-match win threads and no users with the first letter B derailing threads with negativity despite how damn good of a club this is.
After a loss criticism will come and is fully warranted.

However, the pervasion of that thru every post on every topic is not warranted and will be dealt with.
Go Catters

A blanket ban on Richmond supporters.
Or better still, an automatic suspension for any non-Geelong supporter who comes onto our board and deliberately incites a s**t fight. Time to be tough and adopt a zero tolerance approach. No first warnings!

Or better still, an automatic suspension for any non-Geelong supporter who comes onto our board and deliberately incites a s**t fight. Time to be tough and adopt a zero tolerance approach. No first warnings!
what about the Geelong supporters who do same?

what about the Geelong supporters who do same?
On the Geelong board.... we can live with it within reason. But opposition supporters have to respect the Geelong board culture! Not sure if it is still happening, but opposition supporters were getting pinged for trivial things on the Hawks board.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
On the Geelong board.... we can live with it within reason. But opposition supporters have to respect the Geelong board culture! Not sure if it is still happening, but opposition supporters were getting pinged for trivial things on the Hawks board.
Yeah, the actual problem imo is just opposition supporters that come here purely to start s**t. I don't actually mind what or who comes here or if they even have an overall critical/negative tone but they need to be adding to the discussion or there's no point having them.

not just the hawks board, there are boards out there that shoot you on sight, purely for smiling at your computer while reading their melts

Last edited:

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS

Anyone can pick Geelong from the menu. There are plenty who come here only to just s**t on the club and do nothing else, which speaks a lot loader then whatever club you have under your name.

Anyone can pick Geelong from the menu. There are plenty who come here only to just s**t on the club and do nothing else, which speaks a lot loader then whatever club you have under your name.

Undercover ferals :rolleyes:
this could be interesting!

Did Lana and BotsMaster lose bets or something!?!
Gws and tiger flags now huh? That’s some serious deep commitment to going undercover lol

Go Catters

Did Lana and BotsMaster lose bets or something!?!
Gws and tiger flags now huh? That’s some serious deep commitment to going undercover lol

Go Catters
Thank goodness you asked that daz, I was too scared to ask, you know, going off topic lol

Not sure what's worse, Tigers or Giant bogans? Think Tigers wins :rolleyes:

Thank goodness you asked that daz, I was too scared to ask, you know, going off topic lol

Not sure what's worse, Tigers or Giant bogans? Think Tigers wins :rolleyes:

Permaban for the non explantation ;)

Last edited:
This is in no way a "whinge or moan about moderating/moderators", OK? Got it?

How about a female mod for the Geelong board?

Suggestions:
cats_09
patience
Last time a Mod change was made there was a pool of 5 posters approached - 2 were female.

They declined.

So the current Mods positions were open to all genders.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Hello Kitty seems like an affable and knowledgable poster as well- good suggestions
Thanks for your confidence Vdubs, but I moderate two other forums, a Sea Shepherd forum + a Stop Hunting Whales forum, that's enough moderating for me. Plus my approach is different ;) so it may not be suitable for BF :)

Last time a Mod change was made there was a pool of 5 posters approached - 2 were female.

They declined.

So the current Mods positions were open to all genders.

GO Catters
Thank you for explaining that daz.

Thanks for your confidence Vdubs, but I moderate two other forums, a Sea Shepherd forum + a Stop Hunting Whales forum, that's enough moderating for me. Plus my approach is different ;) so it may not be suitable for BF :)

Good stuff, I'm impressed.

More should be like you!

Animals suffer far too much, but i won't start.

Happy to know you have there back.

Good stuff, I'm impressed.

More should be like you!

Animals suffer far too much, but i won't start.

Happy to know you have there back.

Thanks Catdog.

I prefer animals to most people ;)

They become very contentious at times, which is why I have the greatest respect for our mods.

EDIT: That's why I think it's important to be respectful towards our mods. It's a difficult + thankless role, which requires a lot of time + effort.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Just a little more respect.

I like it here, but an attack / pack dog mentality seems to have insinuated itself over the last few years.

Too often posters are attacked simply for expressing an opinion, and mocked without fair and reasonable discussion and debate of the opinion put forward.

I have pondered leaving this site a couple of times in recent years because of the personal crap here, but have persisted in the hope it’d improve, but it seems to be a forlorn hope.

I like it here, but an attack / pack dog mentality seems to have insinuated itself over the last few years.

Too often posters are attacked simply for expressing an opinion, and mocked without fair and reasonable discussion and debate of the opinion put forward.

I have pondered leaving this site a couple of times in recent years because of the personal crap here, but have persisted in the hope it’d improve, but it seems to be a forlorn hope.
I’d be interested to know if this is a wideheld view.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

If this was an archery contest you have just split the arrow that was already in the bullseye.

I'm of a similar viewpoint to you. I don't see it changing.

Back